Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2020, 08:51 AM   #1

Looking for used CCV top

Just like the title states, I’m looking for a used CCV top for a regular body E350. I know I’m looking for a unicorn but I figured a post here would help. I really like the low top (discontinued) but the medium top would be awesome too!

I contacted CCV already and Mark told me there’s nothing in the warehouse (used) right now.

Any help is appreciated!

SlowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 10:51 AM   #2

You should post what vehicle you are hoping it will fit. They probably make a dozen different tops for different vehicles.
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 02:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampswrx View Post
You should post what vehicle you are hoping it will fit. They probably make a dozen different tops for different vehicles.
Thanks for the suggestion. I just edited original post. I’m also in SC!
Old 05-27-2020, 03:58 PM   #4

In this case- patience will be your biggest virtue. You will also want to keep your eyes out for totalled vans that might have a top on them.
Old 05-27-2020, 06:58 PM   #5

South Carolina? Santa Cruz? Sorta Cinda?

......just sayin'

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 09:48 AM   #6

How much work are you willing to do yourself?

When CCV got started, they were using junkyard high-tops and turning them in to pop-tops. In the long-run, the cleanup work required to cut a fixed-top off a van was more work than just pulling new ones from molds, but that doesn't mean that it's not an option for a DIY'er where the time vs sweat equity equation balances differently.
Herbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 10:30 AM   #7

What is your budget? I have a friend who has a low profile CCV top. For the right price, he might be wiling to upgrade to a mid-top and sell you the low top.
Old 05-28-2020, 03:07 PM   #8
MSD

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbie View Post
How much work are you willing to do yourself?

When CCV got started, they were using junkyard high-tops and turning them in to pop-tops. In the long-run, the cleanup work required to cut a fixed-top off a van was more work than just pulling new ones from molds, but that doesn't mean that it's not an option for a DIY'er where the time vs sweat equity equation balances differently.
He's looking for a very specific top, not a junk yard top - top in question is a low roof CCV top for a Ford RB, which we made a total of 10-15 in this wheel base... total unicorn (but sounds like he found one). Plus this particular top has some geometry issues. It requires a different mounting set up, it sets down in the van vs Setting on top of the roof... so it will depend on when this top was installed as it's been done two different ways.. He's not looking for a mid or high top. Funny as I'm writing this it seem like the stars may be aliening as we just spoke about this top. So who know's we maybe swapping a low roof for a mid roof and putting the low roof on his van. It will be a fun project. Hope it works out for all.
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 03:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampswrx View Post
What is your budget? I have a friend who has a low profile CCV top. For the right price, he might be wiling to upgrade to a mid-top and sell you the low top.
Give me a call. I’d love to see it! Is he local?

(949)922-7397
Old 05-28-2020, 10:29 PM   #10

I’ll ask him.