Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-05-2019, 12:47 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeH View Post
The oil cooler is upstream of the EGR cooler. After the EGR it will have gone back through the radiator before making it back to the oil cooler again.

Ford Gold is actually a decent coolant it just wasn't designed for a 100,000 maintenance interval on a diesel. Flush and fill every 30k and it will be fine. Coolant filter is a good idea and indeed was spec'd by International in the design of the engine but Ford eliminated it to save costs.
On my completely stock 2005 F350 I completely flushed the cooling system with distilled water at 12k miles, added a coolant filter and replaced the coolant with Fleetrite silacate free coolant and have not had a single issue with the truck to date at 50k miles, 90% of which is pulling my heavy toy hauler all over Ca. I think I caught it early enough to have avoided my oil cooler from getting clogged but either way it worked for me without all the expensive replacement parts, etc., my coolant overflow bottle I replaced at the same time looks like brand new still, the original one looked like it was coated with crap after 12k miles. Being in Ca leaves me little option to do a EGR delete anyways, If I could I would do the EGR delete and more only because I could do the work myself and get better performance out of the motor. The 6.0 really is a great motor once the issues are addressed, and no DPF, Uria, etc. to deal with, I would really love a newer truck and have the means to get one but I don't want to deal with that extra emissions crap on them!

HECKLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 01:05 PM   #12

Yeah, coolant filter and swap to an ELC is one of the first things I did on my rig as well.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 04:15 PM   #13
MSD

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeH View Post
Yep, that's about the going rate. That's a ton of work and the engine had to come out. I'm surprised they replaced the HPOP those don't usually fail except for the earlier 6.0 (2003-2004.5). Also odd that they put in a new turbo at 61k unless the parts were just for a refurbish.

With the EGR delete make sure you don't have to comply with an emissions check where your going to register the vehicle.
If you buy a van with an EGR delete (which I have) and you live in a state that requires one, register it on South Dakota by getting an Americas mail box address they help you with everything and you can still live in what ever state ad keep you current states license as well. That's what I did when CO start bing a PIA.
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 09:35 AM   #14

Try these guys!

https://www.googleadservices.com/pag...gQIDxA4&adurl=
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote