Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2020, 03:45 PM   #1

Garage
Looking to re-home my Sportsmobile and would appreciate some advice

It's a sad day but I'm afraid the time has come for me to pass my "Campy" on to a new home and new adventures. It's been a good run but aging is getting the better of me.

Campy has taken me horse camping for a good 10 years all over the SF Bay Area. We brought the provisions and the comforts and my friend towed the horses! But my horse is older and her riding companion has recently passed so its time.

Campy is a 1999 GMC Savanah 3500 with a fixed top. It has about 46000 miles and is 2 wheel drive. It needs new deep cell batteries and there are minor things like a new smoke/carbon monoxide detector and the trim around the stove and sink which has buckled, etc. It has new michelins, a new alternator and new battery last fall.

So my question to the group is should I sell it as is and let the new owner repair/replace with what they want per their own preferences or should I have everything done and add the cost to the price?

Also, is there somewhere in the SF Bay Area where I could get these things taken care of properly or should I take it to SMB West where it was built.

Thank you and very much and appreciate your input.

campy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 06:56 PM   #2
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Sorry to hear Campy! I am sure you have plenty of pictures that will remind you of all the fun! Which, BTW, everyone will want to see to make proper judgements on value. So, LOTS of pics...

The batteries are an "easy" fix ($300-500 installed), detectors are fairly cheap too $20-100 each plus installation, and the buckling around the sink wouldn't be too hard to fix either. Prices are crazy (sellers mkt) now and would be a great time to sell for you to get the most money! Either way I am sure you will get some great advice for pricing it. I see it is a Chevy which are a minority on here but loved all the same...Is that kelly green too? cool! I'd repost with some pics...I dare say you might just get a call/PM from a member shopping (anyway)and you'd save all kinds of time and effort! lol! Good luck!
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 08:22 AM   #3

Garage
I'm with CTB on getting the house batteries replaced before listing. That way your van will be ready to go on its first road trip from day one. As for the other minor flaws, they don't seem very significant. A local reputable RV shop should be able to take care of them (should you decide to fix them before selling). I certainly don't think a trip to Fresno would be needed...

I clicked on your profile and saw pictures of your van. It looks super clean overall and should bring you top $ as compared to other vans of that vintage.
Old 09-19-2020, 10:09 AM   #4

Garage
Thanks very much - appreciate the input! Think you're right and will get the batteries and little things replaced!
Old 09-19-2020, 12:01 PM   #5

Rehome it with me - I'm close in so cal
SMB123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 04:26 PM   #6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMB123 View Post
Rehome it with me - I'm close in so cal
Sounds intriguing! Entertaining all offers. Are you interested in as is or after she's all spiffed up?