Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2020, 06:02 AM   #1

low miles 2003 5.4 Quigley E350 for sale

Hey folks

Just getting this out there. Selling my van to make room for more teen driver appropriate vehicles. Hopefully a good option for someone who want to get in at a reasonable price. It's a good looking van, mechanically solid, with low miles (51K). Not perfect though, so the the price hopefully reflects this accurately. Asking 37,000. Here's the ad;

https://cars.ksl.com/listing/6812194

Thanks Chris
Attached Thumbnails
DSC02749.jpg   DSC02731.jpg   DSC02725.jpg   DSC02738.jpg   DSC02741.jpg  

cbutah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 08:01 AM   #2

Interested; DM sent.
rjs73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 04:48 PM   #3

Nice Rig! If I had the money sitting around...best of luck!
Michisurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 05:46 PM   #4

And.... deposit is in hand so we're sold pending final payment and pickup. Thanks to everyone who expressed interest. In the unlikely case it falls through I'll post as such here....

Chris
Old 11-06-2020, 06:29 AM   #5

"Priced to sell" = Quick Sale!

Congratulations, seems to be good for all!

MarinBlaine
"MooseMobile"
2001 E250 5.4 EB50 Aero Hightop
MarinBlaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 04:03 PM   #6

Real Curious as to what “not perfect” means. If you could please expound and let us know if it meant mechanical or normal wear and tear over 17 years or a combination of both? Also, would like to know if you did the build out? This information could really help with pricing of other vans for sale on our site.
Jdkh2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 06:14 PM   #7

Sure. I have since pulled the add down where much was covered. This is a nice van, but certainly not an over the top build, and with the 5.4, a lower price is to be expected. The main detracting points would be as follows; Body - one crease/dent on the drivers side, and 3-4 smaller dings. Some minor scratches, zero rust. But still shows quite well. Mechanically the only issue of significance is a occasional shimmy on braking. Rarely. The biggest issue folks see with the condition is the interior. The original SMB interior was horrible. One could not change clothes inside without everyone else getting out. It was that bad and overbuilt (I think the PO aspired to be a plumber or something). No room at all. Our needs required it to actually serve somewhat as, well a van, and carry stuff. So we rebuild it to fit our needs and reduced the buildout inside. Wanted to actually be able to prepare nice meals so put in a 6' countertop. That kind of stuff. Most of the systems were left untouched with the exception of items that were simply done wrong.

SMB buyers and fans are for sure a particular breed, and originally matters. I can respect that, having restored a lot of cars in my time. So some devaluation here is expected as well. The funny part is, having been one of the few to "look behind the curtain" on the interior, the SMB interior workmanship is honestly not that great. Perhaps it's my years of messing around in boats, but lots of things were simply not up to crack. While I think what I have in place is better, I am fine with the fact the market will see otherwise, and tried to price accordingly.

That said, I probably could have gotten a better price had circumstances allowed me to wait for a higher $$ buyer. It sold quick, and maybe 12-15 inquiries the first day alone. But I seem to have found an awesome buyer, and I can move onto other things that better suite my needs now, so all good.
Old 11-12-2020, 07:03 PM   #8

Thoughtful, friendly response Chris.

Even though you're now vanless - don't be a stranger here on the forum !

Best,

-Stone
Stone Cite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 07:38 PM   #9

Well that settles that and very well said and explained.
Thank you for posting some more good info. Best of luck to you.
Jdkh2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 07:56 PM   #10

Love the color and that birch cabinetry. Congrats on the sale......I think?
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote