Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2023, 12:36 PM   #1

LOW MILES, LOW PRICE 4x4 Van - Quigley Econoline Van - $15,500 - Bend Oregon

For sale is a 1994 Ford Econoline E250 Van

This has a Quigley 4x4 conversion

This van is equipped with the 7.5L V8 Engine (gasoline).

The vehicle only has 19,923 miles

This was a police detective van for a small department, and clearly they didn't do much detective work. Just under 20k miles on the vehicle in 28 years. The vehicle is very clean. Interior seats and dash are like new and in very nice condition. The underside of the vehicle is in great shape, with just some minimal surface rust in some areas.

Although the engine has very low miles, sitting can be dangerous for vehicles as well. The engine has a knock/tick, and likely needs to be rebuilt or replaced. This is why the listing is priced low. The 460 big block is a very simple and reliable engine, well known by mechanics across the country. They also still sell drop in crate engines, so a swap would be very easy and still keep the total price under what you'd pay for a (likely high mileage) 4x4 van.

The van runs and drives, but there is an audible tick, and some engine surging at times. I have not made an effort to repair the vehicle, but have had it looked at by 2 mechanics- those reports can be provided. I also have a full maintenance history from the previous owner (this was a 1 owner van before I purchased it - owned and maintained by the police department that purchased it new)

This will make an excellent platform for a camper build. I'm pricing it lower than it would cost to do just the 4x4 conversion. I have some other projects going on, and don't have the time or space to get this van sorted out. Great opportunity to get into a low mileage 4x4 chassis - just sort out the engine issue, and you will have a really solid and reliable vehicle.

Asking $15,500

Located in Bend Oregon

Jlcanterbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 07:00 PM   #2

Wouldnt it be easier to just post what the mechanics said they thought the issue was? I might be interested but not if the van wont make it from Oregon to Nebraska on its own legs.
ScrapIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 07:09 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapIron View Post
Wouldnt it be easier to just post what the mechanics said they thought the issue was? I might be interested but not if the van wont make it from Oregon to Nebraska on its own legs.
I didn't get a complete diagnosis.

I first assumed it to be a transmission issue. It seemed to be lurching and searching for gears when accelerating. The transmission shop tested the transmission and said it was operational - and to take it for engine diagnosis.

The second shop noted the knock, found some metallic residue in the oil, and said it's likely going to need to be rebuilt. They told me it could also just be a stuck lifter and some oil additives might help. I didn't have them go further in diagnosing or repairing.

I need the space and cash for a home build project, and can't justify shelling out additional cash for repairs, so I am offering the vehicle as-is.

It can be driven, but I wouldn't recommend doing long distances in it prior to repair.

I do have a vehicle trailer and can deliver to western US.
Old 01-06-2023, 08:02 PM   #4

Well im approximately 1546 miles from Bend. Kinda sounds like it may have more than one issue which seems odd for a truck that only has 19,000 miles.

I have no way of transporting it if the tranny quits or the engine craps out so i will pass. The only way its feasable for me to purchase with it being that far away is to fly in and drive the vehicle home.
ScrapIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 03:14 PM   #5

bump. willing to hear any offer.
Old 02-09-2023, 10:16 AM   #6

bump for this 4x4 van