Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2021, 04:14 PM   #1

Garage
New maxtrax mount

Came across this searching for alternative options to mount my Maxtrax - Unique, Pricy, but a cool concept.

https://youtu.be/dYloH9cWeIo

The RBQM Maxtrax Mount is a new way of approaching recovery board mounting to off road and expedition vehicles.

In our many years of of using these versatile devices our biggest hurdle has always been access and storage.

Existing mounting methods left a lot to be desired: difficult to use, time consuming and ultimately inconvenient.

We at Expedition Essentials sought to remedy that!

After months of design consideration and experimenting we feel like we have come up with a Maxtrax Mount design that makes sense; both functionally and aesthetically.

Taking advantage of pre existing design elements within the recovery board; We have designed a mounting system that grips the devices securely and efficiently.

This design feature, combined with our proprietary hinges, actuating arm and a vice action compression lock makes for a fast and very secure mounting system that is highly functional and just looks damn good (if we say so ourselves

In addition to the locking feature we stepped it up a notch functionally and included an arm actuated kick out when opening, this serves to break loose recovery boards that may be frozen to the base plate as well as aiding removal from the mount.

In addition to the features above, the vice action compression lock is also backed up by the inclusion of a secondary padlock standoff for double security.

The RBQM is constructed from a combined Aluminium and Steel material selection to maintain strength in the areas that are important and to save weight in other areas.

All mounts will be powder coated for corrosion protection and the compression lock will have a dust cover to promote longevity.

Initial release of the RBQM system will be for Maxtrax brand recovery boards but we hope to expand into other offerings soon.

Size: 19" X 17" X 4.5"

Weight: 10 lbs

Old 04-13-2021, 08:07 PM   #2

I like that. I like the locking mechanism especially. I didn't watch the whole video but how much are these?
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 04:43 AM   #3

Garage
They have two: one that holds two Maxtrax for around $350, and one that holds four at around $380
Old 04-14-2021, 12:50 PM   #4

Thanks

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 06:32 PM   #5

Garage
I posted this picture of the GP Factor Maxtrax Spare Tire Mount on the “What did you do to your Sportsmobile today” thread a few days ago. I didn’t want to have the boards on the roof or the sides of the van. They too, like the other mounts, are expensive, $372 (free shipping). The mount will hold 2-4 recovery boards. It’s made of stainless steel and was an easy installation and lockable. The bracket mounts to the lug nut pattern of the wheel. Customer service was very helpful to get the sizing correct to fit my wheel and tire combination. https://www.gp-factor.com
My only issue now is trying to get the boards! They’ve been on order since early February
Attached Thumbnails
3668A9BA-83D2-4B3B-AC95-8681FDFB7D40.jpg  

2019 Transit 350 HR Eco Quigley 4X4
“Vandemic”
Charliesmom is offline   Reply With Quote