Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2007, 08:38 PM   #1

Garage
Send a message via AIM to mmocken
Nice 1995 SMB on eBay

Very nice SMB, looks like a deal at $7600 buy it now price

Not mine.

Please post if you are lucky winner

-----------

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1995-Spo ... dZViewItem

Description

Item Specifics - RVs & Campers
Type:
Motorized Class B
Vehicle Identification Number (VIN):
2B6KB31Z9SK573163

Make:
Sportsmobile
Slide Outs:
None

Model:
--
Fuel Type:
Gas

Year:
Leveling Jacks Included?:
No

Length (Feet):
Water Capacity (Gallons):
11-20

Mileage:
Air Conditioners:

Sleeping Capacity:
Awnings:

Title:
Clear

Condition:
Used

For Sale by:
Private Seller

Vehicle Description

1995 Sportsmobile Dodge 3500 model 23

Purchased nearly 3yrs ago, I have replaced the radiator, been through all of the brakes, new rotors in the front, new front calipers, pads and shoes in the rear. Installed a new awning. Installed new tires and rims, no more than 1k miles on the set. The canvas up top when up is in great condition. I'm the 2nd owner.. Upholstery showed a little wear, just re-upholstered complete interior, except for the carpet flooring and canvas up top, which is in not to bad of shape. Routine maintenance was performed regularly.

Two burner stove top, Microwave, 12V Refrigerator, CB GALAXY DX959, Starcool A/C system for the rear, dash a/c for the fron, which blows very coldt., Lp tank, fresh water tank, Spare tire with cover, Rear windows tinted, New windshield with new wiper blades, New interstate battery, porti potti in rear, 12V LP Suburban Furnace. 30amp shore power marine style twist lock cord.

Driver's rear, behind rear wheel, small crease in body @ lower rocker area, from original owner, looks like they rubbed something, not to bad. Exterior rear door has a small dent, below the handle at bottom of door. Normal, but very little rock chips @ front of hood.

Kelly Blue book Official RV Guide Motorhomes, campers, van conversions September-December 2007 PG.431 Base book with out adds $9,550 wholesale $13,665. Retail.

Will pick you up at the airport and you can drive home, Gulfport, MS. Will deliver up to 300 miles from zip code 39466 for buy it now price.

Overall length on unit is around 19' 6" from bumper to bumper

Sold as is where is. Thanks.

$200.00 non- refundable deposit required within 48 hours of auction end.

Enlarge this picture Select a picture

What's your Credit Score? 720? 650? Find Out From Experian.
Questions from other members
Question & Answer Answered On
Q: HI, CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT SIZE MOTOR IT HAS ,ANY FLUID LEAKS OR DOES IT BURN OIL.IS IT A SOUTHERN VEHICLE ORIGINALLY, ANY RUST ON BODY OR UNDERCARRIAGE,...more Dec-06-07
A: 5.9LITER.. Doesn't burn any oil, runs very strong. Originally a southern Mississippi vehicle. Original owner lived in Gulfport,MS. Very minor rust...more
Q: How would you rate the drivetrain? Does it have a separate battery and charger for the camper portion? Hot water heater? Hwy. mpg? Thanks Dec-06-07
A: I would rate the drivetrain a solid 8.. Plenty of power, in return uses more fuel. Other than the fuel economy, strong running van. Averaged around...more
Q: Size of fresh water/grey water tanks? Captain's seats swivel? Any smell of mold (especially from the penthouse)? Manual or electric penthouse? ...more Dec-06-07
A: Fresh water tank, under one of the sofas is 9 gal. Waste tank(grey water), is approx 10 gal. Captain seats do turn around. Manual Penthouse, with a...more
Ask seller a question

--->
Marty's 'BearsMobile'

1995 Dodge SMB EB-20 + modified for shower in back, PH Microlite Starcool. 130k miles young!
https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/alb...a37caeae3a.jpg
mmocken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 02:55 PM   #2

Yep, had to buy it.

I've been frequenting the sportsmobile forums here and on Yahoo for the last couple years, wetting my appetite for traveling the West when we retire in 6 years, using all the good info from ya'll to daydream about the options to get, the problems to solve and things to look out for. Lately thinking I'd get a 4WD Sprinter RB Penthouse, only you can't get 4WD nor a propane water heater in the RB right now.

This purchase will get my wife and I started on our own Sportsmobile memories instead on living vicariously through you guys. Should be a good starter SMB.

The owner said he just installed new Bilstein shocks which really smoothed out the ride, but forget to include that on Ebay. He's picking us up at the airport at 0830 next Saturday, so we'll have a nice weekend camping shakedown during the 11-hour drive back.

Thanks again for the heads up. This forum is AWESOME!

Mike Stead
Charlotte, NC
Old 12-07-2007, 06:31 PM   #3

Garage
Congrats Mike! Glad I could assist...

I like the one you got...the price is very good and you get a vacation too!

Revamped interior looks sharp...did SMB do it or was it custom?

Rims look good too.

My SMB has 130k miles and I may need shocks soon too...I'll check out the bilsteins, can you post your thoughts about the ride?

Post pics please...if you so desire.

--->
Marty's 'BearsMobile'

1995 Dodge SMB EB-20 + modified for shower in back, PH Microlite Starcool. 130k miles young!
Old 12-07-2007, 08:17 PM   #4

Congratulations Mike! It looks like a nice rig. You will be able to get a bunch of nice trips out of it before you need to jump into a new SMB.
Dagger Royalex Legend 16 foot canoe (white-water)
Maravia New Wave 13.5 foot raft (fishing and white-water)
Ed in Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 05:07 PM   #5

Now this is my kind of vehicle transaction! Received an email today from the owner of this SMB, which my wife and I are picking up Saturday. He originally told me the SMB only had a tape player:

"Update, the original radio went out today. While I was cleaning the inside of the van out, I noticed the dash radio quit playing. So good new's for you, bring cd's with you.. I just got back from the stereo shop. You have a new Kenwood CD player. Also, they noticed the front door speaker's sounded distorted and were cracking @ time's.. You also have new kicker front door speaker's as well.. I'm glad it happened now, instead of on your trip home... So there you go, Merry Christmas!"

If this guy takes care of his vehicles like he takes care of his radios, I'm going to be REALLY happy I bought this SMB.

Mike
Old 12-13-2007, 05:16 PM   #6

That's pretty remarkable. It's that sort of thing that restores my faith in humanity a little.
https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/alb...43791a54be.jpg
Buji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 08:10 PM   #7

Very happy for you. It's nice to hear about someone stepping up to the plate and doing the right thing. He went even beyond the call of duty. Best of luck with your purchase!
RobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:17 PM   #8

Well, we're back from New Orleans with this SMB. The original owner was a pilot (we've got an altimeter on the dash). He put twin electric blowers on the engine for when it gets hot in traffic and such. When the blowers kick in it sounds like an aircraft engine! The original owner died three years ago and his widow sold the SMB to my seller.

The seller is co-owner of Happy Camper Mobile RV Service in New Orleans. They've got a Morton building with 4 huge bays, a camper supply store in the front, and a couple of mobile RV service units. Needless to say, the van is in tip-top shape. Drove it back at 70 mph the whole way with no problems.

Besides the Bilstein shocks, he neglected to mention it has rear air springs! It's got a real throaty muffler with those fancy wheels and Toyo A/T tires - looks and sounds like a souped up van. Heck, he even stocked the fridge with bottled water and root beer, and a big bag of trail mix on the doghouse! Tinted windows all around. All the seats are re-upholstered and look real fresh. The tow package is brand new. And it has brake assist for a trailer.

Only two things didn't work - the cruise control and the cab dome/map lights. Just took the van to the local Dodge dealer to get those fixed. I pulled up with the race-van and all the bubba's put down their wrenches and came out to take a look. They all had that look like, "it's deer season and sure wish I had me one of these to get into the back woods". Now I'm on a first-name basis with the dealership owner and the service manager.

I am very, very pleased with this SMB. And surprisingly my wife is too (now that was a hard sell: "I'm gonna click the BY NOW button honey, okay? I'm really gonna do it, okay?" "Will you click the stupid button, already? I'd rather see you spend $7,600 than $76,000! Now click the button and put away all that damn SMB literature and take out the trash!").

Seriously, we camped on the way back at Oak Mountain State Park and had a real "Sportin' Mobile" good time. She liked the radio toggle switch so we could play mood music and drink wine. Learned the hard way the mid-dinette-turned-bed can collapse on you if you're not careful!

Still smiling,

Mike
Old 12-18-2007, 10:06 PM   #9

Garage
Congrats! I'm green with envy!

If I did not already have my SMB, I would have beat you to the Buy it Now.

My philosophy is, no matter how much you 'sink in' your SMB, it's $60k less than a new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestead
Well, we're back from New Orleans with this SMB. The original owner was a pilot (we've got an altimeter on the dash). He put twin electric blowers on the engine for when it gets hot in traffic and such. When the blowers kick in it sounds like an aircraft engine! The original owner died three years ago and his widow sold the SMB to my seller.

The seller is co-owner of Happy Camper Mobile RV Service in New Orleans. They've got a Morton building with 4 huge bays, a camper supply store in the front, and a couple of mobile RV service units. Needless to say, the van is in tip-top shape. Drove it back at 70 mph the whole way with no problems.

Besides the Bilstein shocks, he neglected to mention it has rear air springs! It's got a real throaty muffler with those fancy wheels and Toyo A/T tires - looks and sounds like a souped up van. Heck, he even stocked the fridge with bottled water and root beer, and a big bag of trail mix on the doghouse! Tinted windows all around. All the seats are re-upholstered and look real fresh. The tow package is brand new. And it has brake assist for a trailer.

Only two things didn't work - the cruise control and the cab dome/map lights. Just took the van to the local Dodge dealer to get those fixed. I pulled up with the race-van and all the bubba's put down their wrenches and came out to take a look. They all had that look like, "it's deer season and sure wish I had me one of these to get into the back woods". Now I'm on a first-name basis with the dealership owner and the service manager.

I am very, very pleased with this SMB. And surprisingly my wife is too (now that was a hard sell: "I'm gonna click the BY NOW button honey, okay? I'm really gonna do it, okay?" "Will you click the stupid button, already? I'd rather see you spend $7,600 than $76,000! Now click the button and put away all that damn SMB literature and take out the trash!").

Seriously, we camped on the way back at Oak Mountain State Park and had a real "Sportin' Mobile" good time. She liked the radio toggle switch so we could play mood music and drink wine. Learned the hard way the mid-dinette-turned-bed can collapse on you if you're not careful!

Still smiling,

Mike

--->
Marty's 'BearsMobile'