Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2020, 12:37 AM   #1

No Longer For Sale: 2017 Ford Transit, Quigley 4x4, 3.5L EcoBoost LWB, LR

Greetings Sportsmobile friends!

I am hoping that this is the correct place to list this…

I am selling my beloved 2017, 250 Transit 3.5L EcoBoost with Quigley 4x4, long-wheel-base (LWB), low-roof (LR). She has 15K miles on her and drives beautifully! For those that might not be aware, when they do the 4x4 conversion, it adds an additional 2" of height and the suspension becomes a bit beefier (liken to the 350) Also, I can't get over how unbelievably powerful this van is! Not forgetting to mention the fuel efficiency.

I’m adding the Ford Transit van link so you can see the specs of this van. Too many details to list on various components of drivetrain, chassis, etc.

https://www.ford.com/services/assets...stalCode=54901

Keep in mind that this is not a factory passenger van.

I bought this cargo van brand new. Ford drop-shipped the van to the Quigley factory to add the 4x4 before it was sent to the dealer here in the NW.

I had planned to put a CCV pop top (most likely) or a Sportsmobile pop top in the next year but my life goals have recently changed. I am not desperate to sell whatsoever, but I don’t see a reason to hold on to this rare beauty if I’m not going to spec it out to its fullest potential.

Upgrades performed and by whom: (Other than the Quigley 4x4)

1. added Ford factory driver and passenger, rear-side "pop out" tinted windows.
**performed by Expovans.

2. added 2 brand new leather Sienna rear passenger seats. They have an integrated shoulder strap seat belt and each recline with footrests. (perfect for long trips!). They have short brackets that were designed by MGmetalworks.
**performed by Expovans.

3. added sound dampening material and 3M insulation to the entire interior of the van from just behind the front two seats all the way to the back. I encapsulated the entire roof with one layer and each entire side with two layers. This made a tremendous impact on any road noise or general echoing you might experience in a cargo van.
**performed by myself.

These vans are difficult to price as Kelly Blue Book doesn’t account for upgrades to interior/exterior or the Quigley 4x4 system. I’m pricing the van at an even $40k. Please keep in mind that the miles are ridiculously low for nearly 3 years old (15K) and the Quigley 4x4 vans are fairly hard to find without waiting 6+ months.

I will attempt to upload some pics and if you’d like to talk seriously about this van and have a high degree of interest in it, feel free to message me. I can also send you more pics if you’d like. I have not posted much at all, so not truly that versed in the full options of how to contact me in this forum. Try here first

Thanks so much for your interest in my van…I hope you enjoy it.
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the various posts over the years on Sportsmobile
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8956.jpg   IMG_8957.jpg   IMG_8960.jpg   IMG_8963.jpg   IMG_8964.jpg  

IMG_8966.jpg   IMG_8969.jpg   IMG_8977.jpg  

DOC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:53 AM   #2

Seems like a reasonable price to me.
In fact if your new "goals" include having something "done" (with pop top), that can get you off the road further, and you would consider a trade + cash on your side I would be willing to discuss.

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...per-25147.html

https://boise.craigslist.org/cto/d/b...057489660.html
Old 01-22-2020, 04:54 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian94ht View Post
Seems like a reasonable price to me.
In fact if your new "goals" include having something "done" (with pop top), that can get you off the road further, and you would consider a trade + cash on your side I would be willing to discuss.

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...per-25147.html

https://boise.craigslist.org/cto/d/b...057489660.html
Thanks Brian! I was hoping the price would land with an agreeable tone across the board...with the bit a research I did, it seemed fair to me as well :-)

At this point, I'm out of the "VanLife" game for a while. I do appreciate your offer but will have to respectfully decline at this time :-) Though, I will say your van is pretty awesome! If I was in the market for an E-series, I would definitely entertain your offer.

Thank you so much for your feedback Brian! Good luck on your van-sale as well :-)
Old 01-23-2020, 09:54 PM   #4

I've been looking for a van like this but need to seat three in the back, preferably with one bench and one captain seat. Are there tracks to add additional seats? Do you know roughly how much space is behind the second row of seats to the back doors?

If you have any pics of the front seat area of the van, would love to see those. Thanks
ks77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 02:42 PM   #5

Hi Ks77,

Here are some numbers:

back of first row to front of second row: 33"
back of first row to back doors: 11'7" (there's about 1-2 feet between the second row seats to put sheet rock/plywood/etc. I've done this)
back of second row to back doors: 6'10"

I don't have the tracks for the Sienna seats but I'm sure you can find them online. I have the mechanisms, however, for the quick release on the tracks. That said, MGmetalworks has a flooring system that I was planning on installing that would allow for various configurations and quick release with his seat risers (what the seats are sitting on now) using L track. IMO, this would be a better set up than using the Sienna tracks.

The front seats are stock, cloth. The Sienna seats are leather (incredibly comfortable!). I'm sure with the right flooring configuration, you could put an additional bench seat behind the two second row seats, and use that as an additional bed (with a pop top, it would sleep 4!).

I'll include some additional interior pic's in a bit...if you need more, let me know :-)
Old 01-26-2020, 02:51 PM   #6

Here are some additional pics of the van :-)
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8971.jpg   IMG_8973.jpg   IMG_8975.jpg   IMG_8976.jpg   IMG_8981.jpg  

IMG_9846.jpg   IMG_8959.jpg   IMG_8995.jpg  
Old 01-28-2020, 01:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks77 View Post
I've been looking for a van like this but need to seat three in the back, preferably with one bench and one captain seat. Are there tracks to add additional seats? Do you know roughly how much space is behind the second row of seats to the back doors?

If you have any pics of the front seat area of the van, would love to see those. Thanks
Hi Ks77,
I'm replying to you here in case you didn't see my other reply. I didn't do a "quick reply" with my original reply thought that it may not have alerted you. Still getting a hang of the messaging with this forum :-)
Anyway, look back to the post as I included some dimensions that might help you in determining if my van would fit your needs :-)
Thanks!
-NG
Old 03-08-2020, 01:44 PM   #8

Reply for sale

Hello, I live in the Arkansas Ozarks region. Have been considering changing platforms from 4x4 Silverado truck to 4x4 or AWD van. How may I reach you for personal conversation?

Thanks much.
Mj217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 11:18 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mj217 View Post
Hello, I live in the Arkansas Ozarks region. Have been considering changing platforms from 4x4 Silverado truck to 4x4 or AWD van. How may I reach you for personal conversation?

Thanks much.
Hey there Mj217,
I'm pretty sure there's a private message method on this classified forum, though I'm not positive. Try that route first and I will give you my phone number that way. (I think that's how people exchange personal info on here...not quite sure) Am I being too paranoid?

That said, I'd be happy to talk to you personally about the van

Lastly, this is to the forum as a whole... I just installed a 5000 lb rated tow hitch this past weekend. If I don't end up selling it, I'm gonna just keep outfitting it how I intended to do so in the very beginning...though if I put a pop top and bigger tires and wheels on...the list goes on, etc, etc, the price will definitely go up. I'm not planning on continuing to up-fit it just so that I can sell it. If I go down the rabbit hole a bit more, I'll just end up keeping her...she's a beast

Hope this helps. Let me know if you are unsuccessful with the PM.

Thanks!
Old 07-15-2020, 08:53 PM   #10

Still for sale

Still have the van?
Chiefleif is offline   Reply With Quote