Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Sportsmobile Forum > Community Forums > Member Classifieds
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2021, 01:53 PM   #11
Orv

Garage
CSC is a pretty interesting operation. They did the legwork to develop a relationship with Zongshen in China, and asked to have changes made that would make the bikes 50-state legal and more suitable for the US market. One of their people, Joe Berk, wrote a book called "5000 miles at 8000 rpm" about that process and about going on long promotional tours in the Baja with the new bikes.

The TT250 apparently originally came of them seeing a 150cc version and asking if Zongshen could put their 220cc motor in it. Zongshen is one of the biggest motorcycle manufacturers in the world, but most of their exports go to countries where a 250-class bike is considered a large motorcycle.

Old 03-24-2021, 05:44 AM   #12

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba View Post
Cool bikes! I must have missed these in my research-- I got the same warning to stay away from "China bikes," but street legal, 150lbs, and a kickstarter... count me in for the next bike. Would be easier to convince the wife to get on something like this, too.
Thanks, they are fun little things but still have enough power to either get you in trouble or get you up and over stuff. 4 stroke so you have low end grunt and don’t need to be wound up for trickier trails. Supposedly 14hp, but haven’t had one on a dyno yet to confirm.

I think the biggest issue with most China bikes is lack of support. Finding parts can be tricky. So I stuck with a brand I knew I could get parts for. I’m limited to where I can shop, but luckily we even have a local store that I’ve been able to find what I need at so far. Worst part is most shops won’t touch it. China bikes are taboo to any of the shops that sell the main brands. They won’t even try to entertain the thought of assisting you. Luckily they are super basic and easy to work on, even for someone like me with zero background.

Speaking of carbs being finicky, that is a part I replaced from stock. It had a molkt brand carb and it was just junk. I replaced it with a mikuni and once jetting was square I’ve had very little issues with it since. I do dislike carbs overall and if we could afford a better brand with fuel injection I most certainly would, but these little scoots work great for the meantime. Plus I was able to find a $400.00 option for the wife to see if it was something she was interested in. Once I knew she would ride with me I was able to sell her original and get her a street legal version like mine. The bikes are perfect for the way we camp and ride.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 01:13 PM   #13

Shenrie! What is that sweet bike rack you have on your rig?
bisonthecruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 10:40 AM   #14

Cool bike!

Fyi to other posters, the European brands like Beta, Ktm, Husqvarna all make modern light enduro street legal bikes. High quality brakes, suspension, etc bits. Basically street legal MX bikes.
Hum...or an ebike....
Old 03-28-2021, 11:15 AM   #15

What rack are you running? @shenrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post
Thanks, they are fun little things but still have enough power to either get you in trouble or get you up and over stuff. 4 stroke so you have low end grunt and don’t need to be wound up for trickier trails. Supposedly 14hp, but haven’t had one on a dyno yet to confirm.

I think the biggest issue with most China bikes is lack of support. Finding parts can be tricky. So I stuck with a brand I knew I could get parts for. I’m limited to where I can shop, but luckily we even have a local store that I’ve been able to find what I need at so far. Worst part is most shops won’t touch it. China bikes are taboo to any of the shops that sell the main brands. They won’t even try to entertain the thought of assisting you. Luckily they are super basic and easy to work on, even for someone like me with zero background.

Speaking of carbs being finicky, that is a part I replaced from stock. It had a molkt brand carb and it was just junk. I replaced it with a mikuni and once jetting was square I’ve had very little issues with it since. I do dislike carbs overall and if we could afford a better brand with fuel injection I most certainly would, but these little scoots work great for the meantime. Plus I was able to find a $400.00 option for the wife to see if it was something she was interested in. Once I knew she would ride with me I was able to sell her original and get her a street legal version like mine. The bikes are perfect for the way we camp and ride.
Old 03-28-2021, 05:34 PM   #16

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisonthecruiser View Post
Shenrie! What is that sweet bike rack you have on your rig?
Started out as this one but tagged as a “tms” brand. Was $200.00 on eBay about 8-10 years ago.

https://www.titanramps.com/carriers/...waAsl8EALw_wcB

It’s designed for a pickup so it didn’t work on the van without mods. It’s designed for the handlebars to rest above the bed of the pickup. So it’s not quite long enough to put 2 bikes on the van. I went to a metal supply shop and got some receiver stock to lengthen the center so the trays could move further back and it’s been a decent setup since.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 09:31 AM   #17

Awesome. Thank you so much, sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post
Started out as this one but tagged as a “tms” brand. Was $200.00 on eBay about 8-10 years ago.

https://www.titanramps.com/carriers/...waAsl8EALw_wcB

It’s designed for a pickup so it didn’t work on the van without mods. It’s designed for the handlebars to rest above the bed of the pickup. So it’s not quite long enough to put 2 bikes on the van. I went to a metal supply shop and got some receiver stock to lengthen the center so the trays could move further back and it’s been a decent setup since.
Old 03-29-2021, 08:57 PM   #18

You can get a brand new one for that price some times almost a grand less when they are on sale.

https://www.cycleworld.com/story/buyers-guide/2020-yamaha-tw200/

20 year old bike value is prob around $2500
surferdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 10:14 PM   #19

SOLD.

(to myself)
I mentioned earlier in the thread I'm keeping the bike-- can't find a way to edit the subject line of the thread.

Maybe a Moderator can?
scuba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sold