Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2018, 01:36 PM   #11

Garage
This is an awesome looking rig! Your reflection in the bathroom door mirror is pretty good as well...

This vehicle has my seriously thinking about switching from my current buildout...

2001 Van Haus E350 EB 7.3L Quadvan 4X4
1999 Sportsmobile E150 - SOLD
2002 Sportsmobile RB50 7.3L 4X4 - SOLD
dokaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 09:34 PM   #12

I've seen and Driven this Rig in person. It still needs to be buttoned up to be complete. The seller has done a nice job reconditioning it however it's need just a bit more love.
Tomsprops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 12:36 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsprops View Post
I've seen and Driven this Rig in person. It still needs to be buttoned up to be complete. The seller has done a nice job reconditioning it however it's need just a bit more love.
Tom's correct, the items needed for this to be 100% : driver and passenger visor clips ( the inboard ones that keep them secured in place) , cab dome light, new screen for the large window above the sofa on passenger side, and a note about the seats, a fabricator altered the orginal ford brackets to fit these seats in the cab, they way they were mounted is not ideal for everybody, they sit tall and the angle of the seat cushion sits higher under your knees if that makes sense, somebody too tall and their head will almost hit the headliner (like Tom) somebody too short and their feet wont touch the floor. I'm 5'10" and theyre perfect for me. The solution would be to find a set of factory ford seats ( i didnt do that cause im not a fan) or have a fabricator redo the brackets ( I would go this route cause these seats are sweeeet and I'd have them altered to be able to swivel in the process) Anything I'm missing Tom? Please do describe your impressions on how the truck drove as well!
SaltStainedEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 12:18 AM   #14

Yes, this Rig runs and drives very nicely !
Tomsprops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 01:38 PM   #15

That is awesome. You should have no problem getting rid of it for that price. Good luck.
greatwhite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 05:21 PM   #16

This post is not meant to slight the OP or Tigers, but this is a SMB board. I owned a Bengal Tiger for three years and sold it so that I could buy a SMB instead. I feel like I would be doing a disservice toward all those looking toward buying a new rig if I did not explain why.

Firstly, I didn't like the way the Tiger drove. The entire feel of the thing was like driving a very big Class C vehicle.

It is difficult to get through the passageway from the cab to the cabin. You have to clamber over a mid-seat console with your body bent over to get through. Most Tiger owners don't even bother, they just get out of the vehicle through one door, then reenter through another. This is a PITA. You can remove the console, but pickups for the last few years have the air bag (crash air bags, not suspension air bags) controller between the seats. You still would have to build a heavy strength, low profile cover and secure it properly. That is still an impediment to moving between compartments.

When camped, the front seats are wasted space. Long ago, a few Tigers were able to have swivel seats. For the last 10 years or more, this has been impossible. Even if you are an engineer with welding skills, there simply is not enough space for the seat to rotate, even if you fabricated a swivel mechanism. I investigated this to a great extent and it just could not be done. The Tiger company spent a small fortune trying to find a solution and could not do it.

Tigers are limited to one single floor and mechanicals plan. The Chevy Astro based Tigers of long ago offered a dinette where the fold out seat is on current Tigers, but that is no longer offered.

I realize the Tiger for sale is diesel. My own gas powered Tiger got terrible mileage.

The Tiger is far more difficult to maneuver in tight spaces than most SMBs . You cannot see well unless you add cameras all over the thing. It is difficult to park due to both its length, and especially its width. With perpendicular and angled parking, you are on the lines on both sides and can easily get the doors pinned.

You can only get support at the one South Carolina factory. The owner of the factory has become disinterested in the product to a great extent. He has shut down all model lines except one and delegated management to others. You won't get the service you want, and you have to go to SC to get it.

The Tiger owners' forum is owned by a buddy of the Tiger company owner. If you try to discuss anything that might paint Tigers in a negative light, your posts get deleted and you cannot get the open help and discussion amongst owners like you can on this forum.
TomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 07:02 PM   #17

I just received a very angry PM from the OP, demanding that I remove my post.

I chose to make my above post because this is a discussion forum where members have always discussed the pros and cons of vehicles, sharing helpful information with each other. I have enjoyed participating in those discussions for 8 years and almost 700 posts. I have nothing personal against the OP nor against Tigers. But this IS a Sportsmobile users' site, not a Tiger site, nor a multiple vehicle site like Expedition Portal. People normally come here to discuss Sportsmobiles. The OP of this thread has a total of 18 posts, almost all of which relate to the sale of this Tiger. The OP has taken the opportunity to place a free advertisement for the sale of his Tiger on a SMB board. I happen to have owned a Tiger and found it inadequate for my needs. There are many people who will prefer a Tiger to a SMB. I have no problem with that. Nevertheless, this is a Sportsmobile site. I have not insisted that the ad be removed, even though the OP is using the site to promote the sale of an entirely different type vehicle, for free.

In that same vein, I would like the moderators to understand that this is in no way a personal attack. It is simply a long time and active member of this forum doing what the forum is meant for: offering information. If someone here on the SMB forum decides that he or she wants to purchase this Tiger, that is all well and good. On the other hand, I feel it is my responsibility to offer fellow Sportsmobile forum members a perspective on the ways a Tiger falls short in comparison to a Sportsmobile, the very vehicle this site was founded to discuss and promote. I also feel a responsibility to counter the incorrect claim regarding potential swivel seats.

My two posts have been made here in hopes of offering accurate information to forum members. Moderators, whether you decide to delete them or allow them to stand, I respect your decision.
TomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 07:44 PM   #18

Garage
TomH,
I think you are on-target.

I for one utilize the resources here because of the insight, honesty, enginuity, and first hand experience SHARED.
For the most part the bantering back & forth here (on just about any subject) brings light to viewpoints that help educate other members and assist them in making personal decisions. Rarely does anyone post with malicious or rude intent, and the few topics that do get a little heated in nature are simply the reflection of passion.

I have learned a tremendous amount from members such as yourself that willingly choose to frequent this site to HELP OTHERS & TO SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE... I encourage the participation, and say THANK YOU to ALL those that CONTRIBUTE constructively.
Old 09-01-2018, 04:08 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomH View Post
I just received a very angry PM from the OP, demanding that I remove my post.

I chose to make my above post because this is a discussion forum where members have always discussed the pros and cons of vehicles, sharing helpful information with each other. I have enjoyed participating in those discussions for 8 years and almost 700 posts. I have nothing personal against the OP nor against Tigers. But this IS a Sportsmobile users' site, not a Tiger site, nor a multiple vehicle site like Expedition Portal. People normally come here to discuss Sportsmobiles. The OP of this thread has a total of 18 posts, almost all of which relate to the sale of this Tiger. The OP has taken the opportunity to place a free advertisement for the sale of his Tiger on a SMB board. I happen to have owned a Tiger and found it inadequate for my needs. There are many people who will prefer a Tiger to a SMB. I have no problem with that. Nevertheless, this is a Sportsmobile site. I have not insisted that the ad be removed, even though the OP is using the site to promote the sale of an entirely different type vehicle, for free.

In that same vein, I would like the moderators to understand that this is in no way a personal attack. It is simply a long time and active member of this forum doing what the forum is meant for: offering information. If someone here on the SMB forum decides that he or she wants to purchase this Tiger, that is all well and good. On the other hand, I feel it is my responsibility to offer fellow Sportsmobile forum members a perspective on the ways a Tiger falls short in comparison to a Sportsmobile, the very vehicle this site was founded to discuss and promote. I also feel a responsibility to counter the incorrect claim regarding potential swivel seats.

My two posts have been made here in hopes of offering accurate information to forum members. Moderators, whether you decide to delete them or allow them to stand, I respect your decision.
My very angry PM where I supposedly demanded him to remove it.
"Really man? so you bash my tiger by basically firing off a bunch of your personal preference issues on why you prefer a smb over a tiger? That's not cool, it would be one thing if you had build quality, or workmanship issues with your tiger, but complaining about a lack of swivel seats, you not being physically able to use the pass through ( I have no issues and love it) or you're own personal impression on ones driving experience? Let people who are interested decide for themselves, I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate it if somebody went on your for sale ad and bashed your layout, or why I thought your chevy was inferior to the Ford (hypothetical) and scared off a potential buyer. I would greatly appreciate it if you remove your comment, it's unnecessary, of better yet, start a new thread on why you prefer a smb over a tiger. Thankyou, cheers"

Toms made it pretty clear that he's that salty local that thinks he owns the place (every surf spot, ski resort, and local watering hole has one). I'm sure if it were up to him, he'd remove my posting cause its not a SMB, or even not allow anyone with x amount of posts even post to the classifieds. His post contained alot of "I thinks" "I phyically couldn't" "I didn't likes" "MY tiger was..."

Pretty much every one of Toms issues doesn't pertain to my Tiger, and unless youre really old with limited mobility nobody should have an issue with the pass through, also, unless you've only driven honda civics or the like your whole life, to say one of these is too large and difficult to drive means you have poor driving skills, its easier to drive and park than my old EB sportsmobile, with a better turning radius.

As far as Toms rant about swivel seats, I'm no engineer, but maybe tiger should've hired me to figure it out, cause my quick release seats can fairly easily be released, turned around and re-mounted backwards.

Everyones entitled to their opinions, and I dont disagree that Tom should be able to voice his opinion on why HE PREFERS a smb to a tiger, but MY FOR SALE ad is not the place for his opinions, which is why I suggested he start his own discussion in another thread. And quite frankly anybody who's interested in a Tiger would be doing themselves a disservice to not test drive one to make up their own mind about them
Attached Thumbnails
GOPR0116.jpg  
Old 09-10-2018, 10:02 AM   #20

Price drop $68k