Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2009, 01:26 PM   #1
BSS

Reluctantly, '94 XLT Quigley w/ 57K miles

Hi there. I am a long time lurker and have learned a lot from this forum (even since before I had my van,) and would like to see this vehicle go to someone who will appreciate it and take good care of it. I bought this last year with the intention of doing a full conversion, but after months of thought and pondering I just have reservations about my willingness to see the job through and cutting holes, drilling, and molesting a van this nice. With this I have decided to just go back to a 4-Wheel pop up for my Tacoma.

It has a 5.8L w/ E4OD trans. Oil cooler, tranny cooler, tow package, and trailer brake. Brand new battery a few months ago, deep tread on the tires (285/75/16), just received a full tune including plugs, wires, filters, cap, oil change, etc. The only things it needed when I purchased it were a clockspring and passenger door switch, both of which have been replaced with dealer parts. It doesn't leak, it doesn't wander, and it doesn't have any surprises. I have both captains chairs for the rear although only one is currently installed. It has a fold down seat/couch, shelving, a small storage cabinet, and a port-a-potty (never used) in the back. The rest is up to you. It's a perfect DIY foundation or just enjoy it as is. I purchased the vehicle from a CA owner and it was registered there at the time, so it will pass California smog if you live there. OTOH if you're a Nevada resident, there is no sales tax on private party vehicle sales. Yay!

I am a mechanic and am very particular about my vehicles, and would have never bought this van in the first place if there were even a hint of a problem with it. It drives awesome and is mechanically excellent. This is my fourth Ford truck of this vintage, so I am very familiar with their quirks and how they should "feel" and drive. Is it perfect? No. It's fifteen years old. Is it close to perfect? Yes, I don't believe a better cared for 94 in this condition exists. I have put about 250 miles on the 4WD system since I've owned it and it is also perfectly functional. Aside from the 4WD and roof conversion, It is stock, unmolested, uncut, undrilled, unmodified.

I would recommend a full diff and tranny fluid/filter change (fluid is clean and it drives and shifts fine and all that, I just don't know the last time it was changed) just as a matter of peace of mind. It gets 13mpg in town and 15 on the highway, but I think it's reasonable to expect to squeeze another 1mpg out of it after servicing the transmission and differentials. I'm looking for $15K, and the vehicle is located in Gardnerville, NV - about 10 minutes from The California border on HWY 395. The vehicle is on the road and the title is clear and in hand. Call Angelo @ 775-721-2274 to discuss or PM me for the VIN number if you want to do your homework first. No window shoppers or dreamers. Enough of all that. I'll let the pictures do the talking.
Attached Thumbnails
smb 001.jpg   smb 002.jpg   smb 003.jpg  

BSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 01:28 PM   #2
BSS

Re: Reluctantly, '94 Quigley w/ 57K miles

more pics
Attached Thumbnails
smb 006.jpg   smb 005.jpg   smb 004.jpg  
Old 02-21-2009, 01:29 PM   #3
BSS

a few more...
Attached Thumbnails
smb 009.jpg   smb 007.jpg  
Old 02-21-2009, 01:30 PM   #4
BSS

Attached Thumbnails
smb 012.jpg   smb 011.jpg   smb 010.jpg  
Old 02-21-2009, 01:31 PM   #5
BSS

Original miles
Attached Thumbnails
smb 014.jpg   smb 013.jpg  
Old 04-02-2009, 09:40 AM   #6
BSS

Re: Reluctantly, '94 XLT Quigley w/ 57K miles

Still available. OBO.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:04 AM   #7
Site Team

Seems like a good deal on a basic, 4wd conversion van. Good luck with the sale.

Herb
Old 04-18-2009, 10:56 PM   #8
BSS

Van has been sold.