Seeking a penthouse van
Hello, longtime lurker here.
I sold our family's Econoline yesterday in anticipation of buying a Sportsmobile, but sadly by the time I had cash in hand it was too late and the SMB had been sold. So now I am in the market and ready to buy.
I am not specifically seeking a 4wd machine, in fact 2wd has gotten us to a lot of areas that our Jeep friends were surprised by. Here is what I am seeking so if someone is selling please let me know. I know its kind of specific but with my family and how we travel...this is 3 years of research:
- 5.4l V8 (willing to consider others, but I like this engine for a minimilst interior)
- Pop-top of some kind. We have two kids so having a sleeping area for them is important. Can be a GTRV, SMB, Colorado CV, or other setup...but we need a poptop or a van that can accomodate this(no rear airbags, etc)
- A forward facing rea sofa seat. This has been the hardest thing to find....most vans are either two captains seats or side-facing. With the two child carseats we want to be able to have them safely facing front but also utilize the middle space of the van.
- No cooking/appliances. We cook outside, in all season. So minimilist/spartan interiors are the most appealing.
- 4wd optional. I am fine with 2wd but I do want an e250 or e350 so that 4wd is an option in the future.
- EB or RB....either way. I like the idea of an EB but I also loved the fuel economy of my RB with a 5.4l.
- Less than 150000 miles.
- Price range: up to $30000 I live in the PNW where that often seems like a pipedream but that's what I can do and I feel that what I am looking for makes that reasonable.
I would be fine with buying a nice clean van and building it too....but if one exists out there that fits this and you are ready to sell I am ready to buy. Thanks for taking the time to read this