Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2017, 11:54 PM   #11

Camper Van ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromsf View Post
Are you by any chance posting it on more than one CL locations? That's probably against their policy.
Yeah, thanks for your good thoughts. But that's not it, as I'm only in the Phoenix and Tucson CL listings.

I really can't understand this problem. I'm not a frequent poster, I'm not violating any of their rules.....I really think it's the unhappy scammers who were the first to respond to my original ad...I guess I wasn't as responsive to them as they'd expected.

gbail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:59 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbail View Post
Yeah, thanks for your good thoughts. But that's not it, as I'm only in the Phoenix and Tucson CL listings.

I really can't understand this problem. I'm not a frequent poster, I'm not violating any of their rules.....I really think it's the unhappy scammers who were the first to respond to my original ad...I guess I wasn't as responsive to them as they'd expected.
Maybe it is the scammers, but you admit to posting to multiple locations. Per CL FAQ:

Can I post my ad on more than one craigslist site?
Please choose just ONE local craigslist site for which your ad is most relevant—generally the site closest to you. If your ad is equally relevant to all locations, your ad does not belong on craigslist. Please find another service. Posting the same ad to multiple locations on craigslist is prohibited.

I honestly don't know if you're being flagged for the multiple postings, its just a thought. Perhaps try limiting to one location to see if that works.

CL itself now has ways for searchers to expand their searches to nearby areas on their own.

Good luck with your sale.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:13 AM   #13

There also a "Help" forum section dedicated to "Flagging" issues.

https://forums.craigslist.org/?forumID=3
Old 09-28-2017, 09:46 PM   #14

Aaargh! Still getting flagged! And it's not from having two posts in two local cities.

Sent PM of thanks to joefromsf tho.

Thank you Forum members for trying to help.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:09 PM   #15

Try eBay classifieds...it's free to list, and costs $125 when sold. No auction hassle either...you just set a price "or best offer". No stupid flagging problems either. I had similar problems you are having with Craigslist...so frustrating.

If sale doesn't complete you get your money back. I sold my last Rv to a guy who saw it on eBay.
Poptopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 05:26 PM   #16

Looks like I got my camper van sold.