Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2013, 01:22 PM   #1

Set of mirrored pop out windows

What's up guys! Long time lurker here. The wife made me clean out the garage and came across a set of mirrored (rear and 60/40 side) pop out windows. I had an extra set because when I went searching for a set I came across 2 vans with them there so I pulled both to pass them along since some haven't been able to find them. They've just been buried in the garage and I forgot about them. Anyway, I'll start the price of at $200 since that's what they've been going for on here I guess? The rear driver window has a surface scratch (not cracked) on it about 2-3 inches long and 2 small nicks in the mirror finish on the inside that's barely noticeable on the same window. I'm having trouble uploading the pics so if you want pics PM me your email address. I am by no means firm on the price so feel free to make an offer. I've gotta clean out the garage to prepare for the man cave transformation! I'm located in Anaheim and would prefer a local sale but obviously if you want me to ship it's on your dime.

Thanks for looking,
Allen

SMBnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #2

Re: Set of mirrored pop out windows

Totally forgot to mention that I'll be taking a road trip up the 5 on my way to the bay area for the CAR/SF game. We're leaving Friday morning around 10 am and staying at the inlaws in Vallejo. I can meet anywhere in between off of the 5, 580, 680 and 80 fwys if we can time it right. Also, on Saturday afternoon we're planning to go up to Russian River brewing if anyone is in that area.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:53 AM   #3

I'm surprised you haven't had a lineup wanting your windows. They seem to be in demand, but not yours???? Is it the mirrored part?

Good luck,

Mike
2012 E250 Hitop camper
Ford_6L_E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:00 AM   #4

Not too sure!? I thought they'd sell quick or at least get some inquiries. Maybe it's timing? Haha
Old 11-05-2013, 09:43 AM   #5

Yeah, just took a look at mine… brings the question… are they truly "mirrored" or tinted and have a high reflectivity ('zat a description?) that is not really a full on mirror? Any chance for pix?
"... torpedo'd, because we don't generally cotton to bullshit around here." -jage
"... do they ooch apart in the night?" -Dia
twogone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #6

I'm local and could use them.....but the mirrored nature of them turned me off. Is it something that could be removed?

BB
BrianBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:31 AM   #7

Garage

^^^ the "mirror" is stock from ford. no way to change it as its part of the glass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMBnoob
Not too sure!? I thought they'd sell quick or at least get some inquiries. Maybe it's timing? Haha
i put a set up mid summer for the same price and didnt get one reply. i ended up just taking them back to the salvage yard for a credit.

i also think i figured out why they discontinued the pop-outs in the first place. in the back, if either one is open, they let exhaust inside. noticable in a diesel, prolly no so much in the gassers. they also let in a lot of dust on the dirt roads. youll only forget to close them once, lol.

plus, when moving any faster than 45mph the side ones are so loud from windnoise that we always end up shutting them anyway. dont get me wrong, im still glad i sourced them out, cause their pretty handy in warmer weather, but we dont open them in route anymore.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:42 AM   #8

I open my rear pop-out windows all the time when we are driving. I have yet to experience any exhaust intake (we have a gas engine). The air flow-through (and noise reduction at the open front windows) is amazing, and for us it was a great upgrade. One of my favorite things that we've added.

I agree about the dust, though. Definitely close them when you aren't on pavement.

We don't drive with the side windows popped open, though. Way too noisy due to air turbulence.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:46 PM   #9

They're not actually "mirrored", I should have just called them tinted. It's more highly reflective.

I can meet you somewhere if you'd like to check them out in person. It'd be better for you to see them in person to get a true idea of what they look like. I still can't upload pics from my phone to this site for whatever reason. PM me your email address and I can send a couple your way.

As for the wind noise and dust, it's to be expected while cruising on the freeway with your windows open or driving on a dusty road. I always keep them shut. I mainly use them while parked to offer better air circulation.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:51 PM   #10

Also, some one here mentioned that the tint does come off. He found out accidentally by throwing another layer of darker tint and removing it. Not sure how easy it is to truly remove it though