Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2016, 03:09 PM   #1

Side Steps

I have side step/ground effects for sale that I pulled of my traverse van. They are champagne silver in color. $400 or best offer. Thanks!

Gr8cliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 04:12 PM   #2

Somebody on the forum posted details of how he turned those into nice-looking fender flares. Might be worth considering. Also, you could stop by some big auto body shops in the area and see if they would be interested. After I took mine off and sold them I heard from a shop owner that they are a pain to find when they are redoing vans that have them.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 04:17 PM   #3

Thanks for the tips! I hadn't thought of fender flares. May be worth looking into as I plan to line x the rockers soon and could have flares done at the same time. Hmm decisions. :-)
Old 05-08-2016, 04:55 AM   #4

Cut mine up and trew them in the trash after sitting in my front yard with a "free" sign on them for a month. Then I saw the guy Brian W mentioned- duhhh -One of those" why didn't I think of that" moments.
Now I'm BUYING Buswackers, so maybe consider keeping the arches over the wheels at the very least.
Stillvanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 05:15 AM   #5

Yeah, I think you will have a hard time selling them, especially at $400. I sold mine for $75 and it took a while.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 07:07 AM   #6

Thanks for the info. Sounds like I may be best off trying to do fender flares. I will keep the add up for a week or two and see if I get any interest first. If not, I may have to pull the saw out.