Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2008, 02:46 PM   #1

SMB SALE PRICE?

This question is for any of you who have purchased a new SMB that was listed on the SMB website. In other words, not one that you ordered but a new one listed on the website for sale.

Did you pay listed price? Or is there some dealing possible?

Bob in Tucson

Old 02-12-2008, 04:42 PM   #2

We just picked ours up and the price was the price no dealing. I think demand is high enough that they do not have to deal. You can wait 8 months or buy used if you can get a bank to value the SMB. We tried and the banks all approved us, but then came the value of the SMB, which was the stopping point for us. Didn't want to do Home equity loan.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:38 PM   #3

I negotiated heavily with my guy before driving 15 hours, and got the price down some, but when I got there the van was in less than pristine condition but I was stuck and he wouldn't even take $500 more off for the problems and I was in a Jam to buy it (get the van and have it for summer and my niece or not).

It was worth it, despite the problems I've had.

I feel like even the negotiated price was high compared to past sales, the history of the van, etc, however that does explain why he was willing to come down.

You're saving 5 digits off the new price and several months of waiting (plus for a limited time avoiding that 08 GRILLE) which is worth a premium.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:00 PM   #4

Jage,
I think the original poster was referring to "NEW" sportsmobiles at Sportsmobile, not the ones posted in the pre owned section. oclv
oclv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:38 AM   #5

Oh yep, didn't see that part. In that case:

No there is absolutely no dealing, price negoations, reductions or anything if you buy new. Cash or cash equivalent and no trades.

I wonder if they have employee pricing...
Old 02-14-2008, 11:01 AM   #6
BC

yeah, they dont deal much even on the pre-builts, eventhough it may have been a demo/show rig. That said, I have seen some pretty sizable Ford rebates on them, up to $3k at times.

btw, its got 39k miles on it now but some folks from Seattle just listed their very unusual canary yellow '06 SMB on the site. There isnt another one like it that I know of, painted in DHL yellow. Whether you like the color or not, this rig is very well equipped and a site to behold even among other SMBs. I spent a lot of time with them in the CO Rockies at the '06 rally and this thing is tricked out. $99k seems a little high but would definitely take more than that to build it today.
BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:59 AM   #7

I bought my new 2004 while it was at a car show in LA and there was no dealing on the price. SMB simply does not discount anything. I had them instal 315 tires a couple of years ago and they charged me $317 each when I could have gotten them at most tire shops for around $200, but stupidly I did not ask the price in advance.

A price of $3.59 for diesel is NBD.... recently I paid $4.20 in Needles, CA!