1996 Bigfoot Sportwagon
Agile Offroad Converted 4wd Campervan for Sale.
Ford Gasoline E-350 extended body.
Uniquely suited for a family of four.
This Bigfoot camper is a magical time machine that will safely and reliably transport you to a time when the Internet was 56K, you loaded your dash tape holder with Soundgarden and Britney Spears cassettes and velour pastel floral print designs were state of the art in modern RV interior tech.
The van has a powerful 5.8L V8, and only has 65392 miles. Best of all, it has a $21,000 4wd conversion from Agile Offroad in California done in March, 2018 at around 52K miles. Pushbutton 4wd with locking Warn hubs, 4hi/low and 4:10 gearing, With the Agile conversion, the vanís ride is incredibly smooth and civilized for a full on 4x4 van. Weíve done considerable work since purchase to get it fully dialed in and ready for a cross-country trip which it successfully completed from Carolina to Texas to the western states in May/June, 2021.
All around, this is a remarkable rig, engineered with winter and summer camping in mind. ALL the camping gear and damn near everything else works - fridge, furnace, water heater, roof a/c, flush toilet, indoor and outdoor showers and a lot of storage space. The water hoses are all inside to prevent freezing, and the behind-the-cabinet area is even supplied with furnace air to further prevent pipes and freshwater tanks from freezing.
This van has a great interior configuration for a family of four. Two can sleep up front in reclined captainís chair beds which fold to meet the rotated front seats, (both these middle captainís seats also have shoulder belts) and two can sleep in the rear on a double bed that converts from the dinette. Itís also got a full shower wet bath with black and grey water tanks, and a full galley.
I have all the documentation for the van back to purchase. This includes the $20,000-Plus Agile Offroad conversion.
Hereís the original Bigfoot sales brochure.
-- The rear driverís side door has a dent from someone pushing in the spare tire. And the spare tire mount could use an upgrade.
-- The van had an interior leak some time back. As near as I can tell, and according to prior receipts and recent deluges here in Charleston, SC, the leaks have been addressed, but there was some water damage in the back when we bought the van. I mitigated that damage with new wood grain wallpaper and a deep clean of the interior. I would however, take the van to an RV shop and have them do a Ďsmoke testí to make double sure itís well sealed.
-- The fuel tank overflows if itís completely filled because Agile didnít reinstall the vapor recovery system with their conversion. We just fill it 9/10 and donít worry about it, but you could have a shop install a hose to raise the fuel Ďceilingí.
-- Vent fan above cooktop not working because itís not there. Needs a new one. Stove light works fine.
-TV (old style) in place but not hooked up or working. No idea if itís functional.
- Thatís it.
Work since purchase in Oct 2020:
- Full tuneup up and inspection by Palmetto Ford here in Charleston. Replaced plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor.
- Brake fluid flushed and replaced. - Palmetto Ford
- Coolant flushed/replaced. - Palmetto Ford
- Power steering fluid flushed/replaced. - Palmetto Ford
- Fuel filter. - Palmetto Ford
- AC evacuated and recharged with new oil/R134 refrigerant. - Palmetto Ford
- Replace upper and lower coolant hoses. - Palmetto Ford
- Oil change. - Palmetto Ford
- Transmission fluid checked - good condition - Palmetto Ford
- All steering/suspension and brake components inspected and check out good as new. (Because they are new.) - Palmetto Ford
- Fuel pump replaced by Bertís Motorworks/Charleston.
- Valve replaced on black water tank by Bertís Motorworks/Charleston.
- Brand new, load correct, 10 Ply Firestone Destination XT tires. SIze: LT285/75R16. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...um=875R6DXTOWL
- New smoke/CO detector. Propane detector functions fine.
- New Pioneer head unit with Bluetooth, new front and rear speakers
- Outside cold shower port and hose
- 2Ē front receiver hitch
- Replaced battery power converter
- 2 Interstate deep cycle coach batteries, installed new wiring and replaced old damaged wiring. Basically, did a big, time consuming wiring cleanup and organization.
- Replaced crappy mechanical electrical battery isolator relay for RV components and rear battery charging with BlueSea ACR (automatic charge relay). Safer and more efficient charging of coach and starter batteries when on shore power.
- All camper/coach wires labeled properly.
- Installed 300 watt inverter, 2 USB charging ports, and new rear 12V port
- Recharged/evacuated front air conditioning
- Repaired propane furnace, refrigerator and hot water heater
- Added interior weatherproof floor mats.
- Converted interior lights to LED
- Front window deflectors and rear exterior LED porch light
- Refurbished front headlights
- Roof was also professionally resealed in April 2017 ($990, have receipt)
- 20í length / 7í width / 8í7Ē height / 6í interior headroom
-41 gallon fresh water capacity / 29 gallon grey water capacity / 11 gallon black water capacity
-59,000 miles, Seats and sleeps 4 (2 forward facing rear captains chairs -- that turn into beds -- with shoulder belts)
-4 season RV, fully insulated with heated and enclosed tanks and water pipes.
-Full kitchen and bathroom
-Professional 4x4 conversion done in 2018 by Agile Offroad.
- ALL stock Ford van systems and appliances work.
- Ford E350 extended body van, 5.8 L V-8 gas engine 210 HP 325.0 ft.lbs. @ 2,800 rpm
- Power windows and door locks, power mirrors, cruise control, tinted windows
-Rear 2Ē receiver hitch package
-Fiberglass running boards
-Recessed 10í awning
-Spare tire, exterior mount with cover
- 4x4 Conversion. Professionally converted by Agile Offroad (El Cajon, CA) in March 2018. Have original order form.
- Spec: Agile TTB long-travel 4x4 conversion kit, push button electronic shift (4 low and 4 high)
-Dana 60 full float rear axle (re-geared to 4.10 gears), Warn manual locking front hubs
- Installed new Easton TrueTrac limited slip rear differential
- Custom valved Fox front shocks, custom rear leaf springs
- 2.5 inch lift
- Agile/Fox steering stabilizer and big brake kit
- Replaced gas tank with custom, larger (40 gallon) Agile tank
Bigfoot Sportwagon RV Package
- Insulated roof, walls and floor; insulated storage, battery and generator compartments (no generator)
- Heated and enclosed tanks
- Electronic ignition propane furnace (16,000 BTUs) and hot water heater (6 gallon)
- 12V water pump system
- Complete kitchen, including stainless steel sink with cutting board, 2 burner propane cooktop, power range hood, flip up table, 3 way refrigerator (2 cu. ft.), microwave, and large drawer space
- Molded fiberglass bathroom with vanity, toilet, shower, exhaust fan and medicine cabinet
- Roof air conditioning (11,000 BTU)
- Large, awning type opening windows with screens (double insulated)
- Oak cabinetry and trim
- City water hookup, exterior shore power hookup
- Full interior curtains for all windows (including front windshield)
- Dinette in rear with removable large table, converts to 72Ē x 52Ē bed
- 4 captains chairs total; driver and passenger captains chairs swivel, removable small front table; captains chairs fold down into two single front beds
The owner is 6'4". Inside, van's standup height is right at between 5'11 and 6'0" and he decided heís just too tall for it. Weíre not looking to gouge anyone on this sale. We just want to get what weíve put into so he can get a poptop or high roof van that better suits his needs.
The seller. Iíve been fairly active on the SMB forum over the last decade and am the guy who handled the buildout and care and feeding of two E-350 Ford Sportsmobiles and VW Syncro camper for Jimmy Buffett. Iím a journalist by trade and run a side business connecting buyers with campervans. Happy to provide references, including the Colorado buyer who bought Jimmyís Ď04 Sportsmobile with my help last year, along with others Iíve connected with vans during the past year.
The van is in Charleston, SC, after a trouble-free 8000 mile cross USA trek with a KTM motorcycle bolted to the receiver hitch on its front end. Itís ready to go again.
MANY MORE PHOTOS are at this GDOC LINK: