Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2021, 02:08 PM   #1

SOLD: 1996 Bigfoot Sportwagon Agile 4x4. 66K Miles. $39,995

1996 Bigfoot Sportwagon
Agile Offroad Converted 4wd Campervan for Sale.
Ford Gasoline E-350 extended body.
Uniquely suited for a family of four.
65392k Miles.
VIN: 1FDJS34H5THA35652
Price: $39,995
Or 843-822-5710

The Van.
This Bigfoot camper is a magical time machine that will safely and reliably transport you to a time when the Internet was 56K, you loaded your dash tape holder with Soundgarden and Britney Spears cassettes and velour pastel floral print designs were state of the art in modern RV interior tech.

The van has a powerful 5.8L V8, and only has 65392 miles. Best of all, it has a $21,000 4wd conversion from Agile Offroad in California done in March, 2018 at around 52K miles. Pushbutton 4wd with locking Warn hubs, 4hi/low and 4:10 gearing, With the Agile conversion, the van’s ride is incredibly smooth and civilized for a full on 4x4 van. We’ve done considerable work since purchase to get it fully dialed in and ready for a cross-country trip which it successfully completed from Carolina to Texas to the western states in May/June, 2021.

All around, this is a remarkable rig, engineered with winter and summer camping in mind. ALL the camping gear and damn near everything else works - fridge, furnace, water heater, roof a/c, flush toilet, indoor and outdoor showers and a lot of storage space. The water hoses are all inside to prevent freezing, and the behind-the-cabinet area is even supplied with furnace air to further prevent pipes and freshwater tanks from freezing.

This van has a great interior configuration for a family of four. Two can sleep up front in reclined captain’s chair beds which fold to meet the rotated front seats, (both these middle captain’s seats also have shoulder belts) and two can sleep in the rear on a double bed that converts from the dinette. It’s also got a full shower wet bath with black and grey water tanks, and a full galley.

I have all the documentation for the van back to purchase. This includes the $20,000-Plus Agile Offroad conversion.

Here’s the original Bigfoot sales brochure.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h3H...ew?usp=sharing

Issues:
-- The rear driver’s side door has a dent from someone pushing in the spare tire. And the spare tire mount could use an upgrade.
-- The van had an interior leak some time back. As near as I can tell, and according to prior receipts and recent deluges here in Charleston, SC, the leaks have been addressed, but there was some water damage in the back when we bought the van. I mitigated that damage with new wood grain wallpaper and a deep clean of the interior. I would however, take the van to an RV shop and have them do a ‘smoke test’ to make double sure it’s well sealed.
-- The fuel tank overflows if it’s completely filled because Agile didn’t reinstall the vapor recovery system with their conversion. We just fill it 9/10 and don’t worry about it, but you could have a shop install a hose to raise the fuel ‘ceiling’.
-- Vent fan above cooktop not working because it’s not there. Needs a new one. Stove light works fine.
-TV (old style) in place but not hooked up or working. No idea if it’s functional.
- That’s it.

Work since purchase in Oct 2020:
- Full tuneup up and inspection by Palmetto Ford here in Charleston. Replaced plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor.
- Brake fluid flushed and replaced. - Palmetto Ford
- Coolant flushed/replaced. - Palmetto Ford
- Power steering fluid flushed/replaced. - Palmetto Ford
- Fuel filter. - Palmetto Ford
- AC evacuated and recharged with new oil/R134 refrigerant. - Palmetto Ford
- Replace upper and lower coolant hoses. - Palmetto Ford
- Oil change. - Palmetto Ford
- Transmission fluid checked - good condition - Palmetto Ford
- All steering/suspension and brake components inspected and check out good as new. (Because they are new.) - Palmetto Ford
- Fuel pump replaced by Bert’s Motorworks/Charleston.
- Valve replaced on black water tank by Bert’s Motorworks/Charleston.
- Brand new, load correct, 10 Ply Firestone Destination XT tires. SIze: LT285/75R16. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...um=875R6DXTOWL
- New smoke/CO detector. Propane detector functions fine.

Other additions/Repairs.
- New Pioneer head unit with Bluetooth, new front and rear speakers
- Outside cold shower port and hose
- 2” front receiver hitch
- Replaced battery power converter
- 2 Interstate deep cycle coach batteries, installed new wiring and replaced old damaged wiring. Basically, did a big, time consuming wiring cleanup and organization.
- Replaced crappy mechanical electrical battery isolator relay for RV components and rear battery charging with BlueSea ACR (automatic charge relay). Safer and more efficient charging of coach and starter batteries when on shore power.
- All camper/coach wires labeled properly.
- Installed 300 watt inverter, 2 USB charging ports, and new rear 12V port
- Recharged/evacuated front air conditioning
- Repaired propane furnace, refrigerator and hot water heater
- Added interior weatherproof floor mats.
- Converted interior lights to LED
- Front window deflectors and rear exterior LED porch light
- Refurbished front headlights
- Roof was also professionally resealed in April 2017 ($990, have receipt)

Specs:
- 20’ length / 7’ width / 8’7” height / 6’ interior headroom
-41 gallon fresh water capacity / 29 gallon grey water capacity / 11 gallon black water capacity
-59,000 miles, Seats and sleeps 4 (2 forward facing rear captains chairs -- that turn into beds -- with shoulder belts)
-4 season RV, fully insulated with heated and enclosed tanks and water pipes.
-Full kitchen and bathroom
-Professional 4x4 conversion done in 2018 by Agile Offroad.
- ALL stock Ford van systems and appliances work.

Chassis
- Ford E350 extended body van, 5.8 L V-8 gas engine 210 HP 325.0 ft.lbs. @ 2,800 rpm
- Power windows and door locks, power mirrors, cruise control, tinted windows
-Rear 2” receiver hitch package
-Fiberglass running boards
-Recessed 10’ awning
-Spare tire, exterior mount with cover
- 4x4 Conversion. Professionally converted by Agile Offroad (El Cajon, CA) in March 2018. Have original order form.
- Spec: Agile TTB long-travel 4x4 conversion kit, push button electronic shift (4 low and 4 high)
-Dana 60 full float rear axle (re-geared to 4.10 gears), Warn manual locking front hubs
- Installed new Easton TrueTrac limited slip rear differential
- Custom valved Fox front shocks, custom rear leaf springs
- 2.5 inch lift
- Agile/Fox steering stabilizer and big brake kit
- Replaced gas tank with custom, larger (40 gallon) Agile tank

Bigfoot Sportwagon RV Package
- Insulated roof, walls and floor; insulated storage, battery and generator compartments (no generator)
- Heated and enclosed tanks
- Electronic ignition propane furnace (16,000 BTUs) and hot water heater (6 gallon)
- 12V water pump system
- Complete kitchen, including stainless steel sink with cutting board, 2 burner propane cooktop, power range hood, flip up table, 3 way refrigerator (2 cu. ft.), microwave, and large drawer space
- Molded fiberglass bathroom with vanity, toilet, shower, exhaust fan and medicine cabinet
- Roof air conditioning (11,000 BTU)
- Large, awning type opening windows with screens (double insulated)
- Oak cabinetry and trim
- City water hookup, exterior shore power hookup
- Full interior curtains for all windows (including front windshield)
- Dinette in rear with removable large table, converts to 72” x 52” bed
- 4 captains chairs total; driver and passenger captains chairs swivel, removable small front table; captains chairs fold down into two single front beds

Why selling? The owner is 6'4". Inside, van's standup height is right at between 5'11 and 6'0" and he decided he’s just too tall for it. We’re not looking to gouge anyone on this sale. We just want to get what we’ve put into so he can get a poptop or high roof van that better suits his needs.

The seller. I’ve been fairly active on the SMB forum over the last decade and am the guy who handled the buildout and care and feeding of two E-350 Ford Sportsmobiles and VW Syncro camper for Jimmy Buffett. I’m a journalist by trade and run a side business connecting buyers with campervans. Happy to provide references, including the Colorado buyer who bought Jimmy’s ‘04 Sportsmobile with my help last year, along with others I’ve connected with vans during the past year.

Location: The van is in Charleston, SC, after a trouble-free 8000 mile cross USA trek with a KTM motorcycle bolted to the receiver hitch on its front end. It’s ready to go again.

MANY MORE PHOTOS are at this GDOC LINK:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...dioTgghUU/edit

dixoncj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 08:29 PM   #2

Excellent ad and nice van. We are all worse off without Chris Cornell.....not so sure about Britney.

Good luck with sale!
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 12:55 PM   #3

Definitely agree...wearing my Chris Cornell t-shirt today ��

Nice rig - seriously considered it myself the last time it was for sale. GLWS
Stone Cite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 01:47 PM   #4

Garage
Not in the market for one, but I do like that hard top with the integrated indentation in the back that makes allowances for the a/c unit. Don't think I've seen that before (not that I've searched these to begin with, just an observation).
Old 06-26-2021, 03:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
Not in the market for one, but I do like that hard top with the integrated indentation in the back that makes allowances for the a/c unit. Don't think I've seen that before (not that I've searched these to begin with, just an observation).
I think a few rv makers had the indents but not many. Bigfoot made only - I think- around 50 of these. And they were 2wd.
Old 06-26-2021, 03:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Cite View Post
Definitely agree...wearing my Chris Cornell t-shirt today ��

Nice rig - seriously considered it myself the last time it was for sale. GLWS
Yeah. If I’d seen it before I bought my transit I’d have tried to buy it myself. It would be awesome to have it for getaways and for campground trips towing our Shasta — we’d have two suites and an escape pod. It drives amazingly well. Especially when compared to J Buffett’s two fully leaf sprung solid axle e350 SMBs. .
Old 08-07-2021, 06:26 AM   #7

BUMP.
Price drop to $39,995 firm.
Holler 843-822-5710 or drop me an email to dixoncj@icloud.com with any questions. This rig is completely prepped and dialed in for months on the road.
Old 08-11-2021, 12:46 AM   #8

Send a message via MSN to bettyford
I like it.

R
Old 08-11-2021, 12:47 AM   #9

Send a message via MSN to bettyford
How about a picture of the back?
Old 08-11-2021, 06:50 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyford View Post
How about a picture of the back?
The Google drive link on this ad has pics of the back.