Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2022, 07:39 PM   #1

SOLD: 2003 Ford E350 - Ujoint, Sportsmobile top, interior by Advanture

Oh I am so going to regret this. Three years ago I found this Unicorn hiding in Jaskson Hole, WY. The history of this is relatively short. In 2017, someone decided to take this base 2003 E350 cargo van and build an incredible expedition-worthy, yet very comfortable rig. First it went to U-Joint. If you look at their site, you will see 7.3 Steel Blue. That is this beast. It had the trans rebuilt, transfer case rebuilt, a 4WD conversion on coils with 6" lift to handle the 35's. It has all of the goodies like S-pod, onboard air, U-joint air bags, fresh paint, locking gas cap, fox shocks, and a 2008+ front clip. Then it went to Sportsmobile for a pop top with a penthouse bed...fully electric. Next to Advanture where the interior came to life with Toyota Sienna seats (that swivel), and a custom interior that maximizes the space and looks spectacular. Heart redwood cabinet faces add a final touch. They installed an Espar heater and an Isotherem 4.6L fridge freezer. There is a toilet stowed under a seat and out of the way. It has a high-end Kenwood stereo, some ************** amp, and five Polk audio speakers. It had a subwoofer, but I removed it to allow the driver's seat to move back further. The conversion appears to have been done around 112K miles. The individual I bought it from was not a builder and was not really interested in owning a true off-roader.

I have built a number of expo rigs and this has been my wife and my favorite (so why sell you ask...keep reading). The 7.3 does not need DEF or for that matter USLD. It can go anywhere in the world and there are plenty of parts for them. The best thing is that they are among the best pre-emission diesel engines you can buy (don't worry Cummin's fans, I love the 5.9's too). I removed the 200w solar system and put in 3 - 180w panels for a total of 540w. I replace the AGM house batteries with LiPo, Battleborn of course. I also added a front receiver and then did something rather clever with the winch. I mounted a new Ramsey 12000 h20 blah blah blah to a removable tray and created a long extension cord to reach the rear receiver. Now the winch can be mounted in the front or the back. The winch has synthetic rope and I have winched at least 20 people out of the snow in Yellowstone over the last three years. Goodyear Duratracs all around with 75% tread life. I also added another Sienna seat behind the passenger seat.

So why am I selling? I started a project with an ambulance and just got it back from U-Joint Colorado. Big shout out to Justin for exceeding my expectations in the build process. You can see the build thread on expedition portal at https://www.expeditionportal.com/for...ersion.228665/ . I sold my Ford truck, so now I need something to pull my trailer and bobcat. The E350 will do it, but the E450 with duallies, will do it better! Also, I am having fun converting the ambulance from a medical vehicle to an expo rig.

Major receipts available to purchaser:
  • U-joint
  • Advanture
  • Solar and Batteries
  • Winch

Unfortunately, I don't have the Sportsmobile receipt
It currently has 149K miles. The price is $105,000 with some room to negotiate for a truly interested party. There are too many options to list. Clean title and no liens. Come to Montana and camp on the banks of the Yellowstone in your new rig...right on my property to learn all of the systems.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0587.jpg   IMG_0586.jpg   IMG_0585.jpg   IMG_0590.jpg   IMG_0584.jpg  

IMG_0589.jpg   IMG_0583.jpg   IMG_0594.jpg   IMG_0595.jpg   IMG_0588.jpg  

Old 08-30-2022, 08:09 AM   #2

very nice; someone is going to be happy to give this a home. GLWS!
Old 08-30-2022, 01:21 PM   #3

Hey Mike thanks for the compliment. It is truly a gem.

Adding some pics to showcase some more of the featurs. Storage, storage, storage!
Attached Thumbnails
RearStorageView.jpeg   RearStorage1.jpeg   RearStorage2.jpeg   BatteriesUnderStorage.jpeg   IMG_0559.jpeg  

IMG_0558.jpeg   IMG_0556.jpeg   IMG_0555.jpeg   IMG_0551.jpeg  
Old 09-08-2022, 03:40 PM   #4

Price Drop to $95K. Call if interested three zero three 319 six 277
Old 09-11-2022, 09:30 AM   #5

More details on build

Here is a more detailed list of options that were added in the last 5 years. This is more like a 2017 with 40k on everything but the engine . No special ULSD diesel, no def, no problem heading south of the border or overseas.

6" Coil springs in front and leafs in rear
4.10 gears
Stage 2 front axle
NV271 transfer case
Rigid fog and driving lights installed in bumper
On board air with access points in front and rear
UJoint airbags
sPod electrical to run lights and compressor
Pro Comp 17" powder coated wheels
35" Goodyear Duratracs
Front and rear receivers
12k Smittybilt winch can be moved to front/rear
Full-length Aluminess Nerf Bars
Aluminess rear bumper with tire and tool storage (weatherproof)
Aluminum ladder to roof
Full aluminum tube roof rack
Custom paint job in Ford's steel blue

540 W Solar
2 100AH Battleborn LiPo batteries (inside)
Victron charge controller
Inverter

Isotherem 4.6 cubic feet refrigerator
Weboost Antenna
Zhune Stainless deep sink
Dometic 2 burner gas stove
(additional 1 burner induction cooktop)
Removable table that stores neatly under the bed
Large 75x60 tuft and needle mattress
Polk audio surround sound
Kenwood stereo and a separate amp
Customer insulated window shades
Espar diesel heater
Backup camera
3 Toyota Sienna captains chairs and swivel passenger seat
2 additional bench seats built in
Dometic toilet (new in box)
Rattletrap soundproofing, reflectix, insulation, vapor barrier, rubber coin floor
20 gallon fresh water (inside)
20 gallon gray water
Storage, storage, storage
Old 10-02-2022, 11:34 AM   #6

SOLD thanks for looking.

Tags
7.3, e350, sportsmobile, sprinter, u-joint