Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2015, 12:33 PM   #1

SOLD: 2005 Sportsmobile EB50 4x4 6.0

2005 Ford E350
SMB 4x4 EB50 6.0 diesel
59k miles (60k service done)
$48,000

We are in the midst of family caregiving obligations with no relief in sight and I’m getting a little tired of doing the weekly turbo maintenance drives without ever really going anywhere. This should go to someone who will use it.

I'm the 3rd owner of this Oregon owned van, first 2 lived in Hood River. Previous owner kept almost no records, but he gave me a list of places he had service performed. I called each place and was able to confirm regular maintenance and a few big ticket repairs:

July 2013 – FICM repair/replace by Expertec in Hood River, OR
May 2012 - Ford re-manufactured long block installed by Diesel Services in Grand Junction, CO (approx. $15k) Work invoice #: 107634, Part #: 5C2Z6006AARM
June 2011 - Turbo cartridge replaced by Diesel Services

To my knowledge, the re-man addresses most of the known issues with the 6.0 and the inspections and service done for me by mechanics here have confirmed that everything looks good: EGR valve was dry, oil analysis came back clean, fluids looked ok before changing (power steering was probably overdue). I pay diligent attention to the scan-gage while driving and all the numbers are within spec.
In addition to the 60k service, I had a DC Power HO alternator installed (NAPA green belt also) and replaced the battery relay with a Blue Sea. So the charging side of things is in order.
PO was a kite boarder, hence the rust on the chassis - time spent at the coast. Take a good look at photos in gallery if rust is a deal breaker for you.

The van needs brakes as a speed sensor on one wheel has failed, ABS light on dash. I am willing to have them done here, but my choice of qualified shops is somewhat limited (even the Ford shop here wants to install remanufactured calipers) and next owner may want bigger wheels and rotors. Also the top has its share of oxidation and cracks. No leaks, but my priority was to get it re-coated. No time or space now.

Gallery is full of photos - last 2 pages are mostly duplicates. Included with the van but not shown:
SMB door galley box
Yakima cross bars for roof rack
Aluminess Standard Open Box for rear bumper

The van is a typical SMB 4x4 build for the year:

Semi-float rear axle w 4.11 limited slip diff
Dynatrac front axle w Dynatrac hubs
Atlas II transfer case
45 gallon Transfer Flow fuel tank
Electric PH w bed (not shown)
4 100w solar panels and controller from AM Solar (Springfield, OR)
Magnum 2000 inverter/charger w meter – replaced stock Xantrex inverter
Suburban propane furnace and water heater
4’ Norcold fridge
Kenwood DVD w back-up camera
2 200ah house batteries (at the end of their lives)

No doubt I’m leaving details out. I’d be happy to show it to anyone local who may want to post an objective assessment for remote shoppers. I’m not glued to my computer and my phone doesn’t receive emails or surf, so my replies may be a bit slow. I’m not in a hurry to sell as we may get a break in August/September and be able to use it. Van title is clear, prefer bank transfer. Happy hunting.
Attached Thumbnails
026 (900x675).jpg  

Old 07-10-2015, 01:13 PM   #2

Re: 2005 Sportsmobile EB50 4x4 6.0

this one still available? if so, I will email w some questions- thanks!
steven2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 01:08 PM   #3

Re: 2005 Sportsmobile EB50 4x4 6.0

PM sent.