Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2021, 05:10 PM   #1

SOLD: 2006 Ford E350 Chateau SMB 4x4 - FSBO - Colorado Springs

We are selling our family battle wagon after 6 years of fantastic service and great adventure in Colorado as we prepare to move back East. We've hunted, fished, camped, harvested Christmas trees, rescued strangers from ditches, snow, and mud all while traveling across the West. We just completed a final whirlwind tour of some National Parks - Petrified Forrest, Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce Canyon, Mesa Verde, and Great Sand Dunes. We have used this van quite a bit for our family adventures - it's certainly not perfect but it's in awfully good shape for a 15 year old adventure van. I have a ton of additional pictures and can go take more if necessary.

I bought the van with hopes of keeping it forever and eventually converting it into an overland camper myself. I imagined traveling the country with my wife after the kids were out of the house - we are selling because we just bought a new house in Tennessee, are starting new jobs that will leave considerably less time for travel, and I made the mistake of tent camping with some family friends (& their travel trailer) on our last National Park vacation and my wife now has her heart set on a fifth wheel/dedicated camper with a lot more space/amenities than I can offer in this RB van.

We will be moving to Tennessee before the 4th of July and the van will go with us if not sold before the house is all packed up - will update the thread after we move.

2006 Ford E-350 Chateau Econoline Van - Sportsmobile 4x4 Conversion - $33,500 obo

-6.0 Powerstroke Diesel - Fully Bulletproofed by Chris Steuber at Ujoint Offroad in North Carolina just over 100,000 miles; sent it to him because my local diesel shop had not done a 6.0 van yet and I didn't want to be their first
- 138,534 miles and counting - (still driving here when needed after shipping one of our cars to our new home already)
- Chateau Trim / Package - 7xPassengers
- Sportsmobile 4x4 Conversion by Sportsmobile West
- Atlas Twin Stick
- Dynatrac Pro-Roc 60 Front Axle
- Fox 2.0 Performance Series Shocks
- 4.10 gearing
- ARB Air Lockers Front and Rear
- 35xGallon Fuel Tank
- Aluminess Bumpers Front & Rear with spare tire carrier, storage box, and front hitch
- 12K Winch
- Grey Leather Interior
- Alpine Head Unit w/ Panel Sub in the back door, upgraded Alpine 6x9s in all locations, and a drop-down 19" LED TV w/ DVD player (can be viewed on the Alpine Head Unit as well)
- Towing Package
- Scangauge to monitor performance
- Pyrometer (installed by Chris Steuber @ Ujoint during the bulletproofing)
- 10,000 miles on tires / good spare has been included in tire rotation
- Weathertech floormats on top of factory floor mats

- Lots of recent maintenance and all records available for your review; most recently (25June2021) a new A/C compressor and A/C system service

- Roof rack with 3xThule Bike Carriers NOT included in asking price

- Running boards do come with the van - I pulled them off because we like the way it looks without them

- Full set of Cabela's seat covers for the 4xCaptains chairs have been installed and are also included - I pulled them off to show the actual condition of the seats

- Spare alternator and serpentine belt also included with sale

- Driver's door was repaired under insurance after Kansas winds whipped it open and bent the sheetmetal

- Exterior has one small dent you can see in the passenger front quarter panel from a baseball; paint chips and nicks/scratches consistent with 140,000 miles; leather T-cover on the hood is original and starting to crack; no significant rust - all surface rust and the guys at Ujoint cleaned up/rust-treated everything they could see when it was in their shop waiting parts for the bulletproofing

- Cross posted on Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist (Colorado Springs right now - will be in Nashville after we move back East)

- I'm sure to be missing something - please let me know if you think I'm missing something.

- Forgot to enclose my cell # - 217-691-1996
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9112-A.jpg   IMG_9129-A.jpg   IMG_9122-A.jpg   IMG_9147-A.jpg   IMG_9176-A.jpg  

78Vancharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 08:48 PM   #2

Van is sold!
78Vancharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 08:51 PM   #3

Congrats on the sale. I missed this ad originally but nice van! Someone should be very happy.

Welcome to TN. Care to share where? PM me if you prefer. I'm over south of Knoxville.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote