Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2011, 02:12 PM   #1

SOLD: 2008 Sportsmobile 4x4 EB52 6.0PSD , Seattle WA

**SOLD**
FOR SALE: 2008 EB-52 Sportsmobile , Tan, diesel, 4x4
MILEAGE: slightly less than 37,000

PRICE: $59k

Description: 4x4 Sportsmobile with EB-52 floorplan.
The EB 52 has 4 captain chairs that swivel up front and the EB50 back end. It’s a great setup for a family because it puts the kids up front where they are close enough to talk and they each have a window. We put in slightly larger awning windows (40x24) than the standard build for better sightseeing.
There is limited counter space compared to the EB-50 floorplan.

Overall Condition: Great condition, always garaged. We take a great trip each summer for a couple months.
The Canadian Rockies, the desert southwest, and Alaska. Outside those big trips, we have a couple weekenders and ski trips.
Otherwise it sits in the garage, covered and safe. All service has been at Ford or Sportsmobile Fresno.

Why am I selling? I decided to go back to work
Since we won't take our normal summer trips, it won't get used.

Chassis: FORD E350 chassis

Engine: 6.0 liter Power-Stroke Diesel engine
I purchased the extended diesel warranty which is valid to 200K or 3 more years (from March 2011). I don't tow nor have I modified the engine.
In April, the turbocharger was replaced. I average 14MPG on my summer trips.

4x4: Was installed by Quadvan http://www.quadvan.com in Portland when the van was new. I had the van interior and top built out by Sportsmobile Fresno, then drove it to Portland to have the 4x4 conversion installed.
Look at this conversation string for more details of Quadvan since I documented my investigation and subsequent purchase of the Quadvan 4x4. http://sportsmobileforum.com/viewtop...&hilit=quadvan

My van is on a 4" lift with Bilstein shocks (front and rear) and a Roadmaster Active Suspension in the rear. The basic conversions included new Ford parts including a Dana 60 front Axel, steering control arms, track bars, ABS and brakes. This included the NV 271 Transfer Case with manual F-series shifter and manual hubs. Quadvan additions are the milled (or cut) bracketing that is required to get the F-series suspension to fit on an E-series body. Spacers are used in the back, putting the front and back wheels aligned with equal width. It has been rock solid and I have had no problems or service events at all. I have had my Ford Dealer service it for lube jobs with no questions. 92" overall height if you are getting it into a garage.

Warranty: FORD Extended Warranty for cumulative 200,000 miles(transferable) was purchased in March of this year.

Tires: Three of the existing 265 BFG AT tires are worn, one was replaced on a recent trip to Alaska and has 4000 miles on it. The spare is new. My advice is that you replace the three used ones with new , also using the new spare so they wear at the same rate. The lightly used one would go on the spare rear carrier. Stick with the same 265 BFG's because I have very lightly used RUD chains that fit.

The following identifies many (but not all) of the features that are included:

4.10 ltd slip
Class 4 Front and rear hitch receiver
Towing package
SPORTSMOBILE EB-52 floorplan
Dynamat soundproofing
Penthouse pop-top
Seats 7, sleeps 4
ESPAR Airtronic diesel furnace
Flat Plate water heating system
AGM 4D auxiliary battery (replaced in 2010 by SMB)
TRIP-LITE inverter 2000, separator, physical switches to isolate the extra battery
JVC kvbt11 am/fm/cd with aux input and blue tooth phone kit
Upgraded passenger speakers (for the kids)
Tan interior, Beige laminate cabinetry
Portable (stow able) table
Tan carpet overlaid on tan LONPLATE I (diamond plate) rubber flooring
HUSKY floor liners at cab
DAY/NITE shades at awning windows
Tinted windows
Curtains or shades at all windows
Windshield / Cab privacy screen
16.5 gallon fresh water tank
Interior gray water tank (8gallon?)
integral sink
3cf NORCOLD 12v refrigerator
Portable butane Stove (new / unused)
Microwave
Filter on the fresh water line
External lights on passenger side, driver side, both at the rear
Porta Potti
Exterior shower with adjustable temperature control and extended shower hose
XL under floor storage
External 120V connector cables
Power adjustable mirrors
3 ton jack
White (clean) and grey (dirty) hose
RUD chains for all 4 tires
Bushwacker fender flares
Rear Spare Tire carrier (Aluminess)
Hoop steps on passenger side

Contact Info: sportsmobile2008@comcast.net

I'll upload more pictures of the interior shortly.

Thanks.

2008 SMB EB-52, Quadvan 4x4, 6.0 PSD SOLD
2017 Ford Transit T250 148WB mid-roof w/ Quadvan 4x4
bitburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 03:54 PM   #2

Send a message via MSN to bettyford
Re: FOR SALE: 2008 Sportsmobile 4x4 EB52 6.0PSD , Seattle W

Wow super nice SMB

Sorry to here about going back to work.

Good luck with the sale.

Ron
Old 06-11-2011, 09:02 PM   #3

Wow, bitburger, I can't believe you have to give it up!

Hope you stay with the forum, just for old times sake

Nice rig. Too bad I already bought mine!
joey2cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:53 PM   #4

Thanks guys but work isn't a bad thing. I was happy when I decided to stop and I'm happy when I decided to go back.
We've had some great trips and we have junior ranger badges from most of the national parks to prove it. Moab at Thanksgiving was magical!

I've loved being a part of the forum and really appreciate the efforts of the SysAdmins (Jage & Co.) to make this available. I especially liked the trip reports for ideas of future travels.

While I'm not a guy who would home build, I appreciate the craftsmanship and abilities of those who do. It is fun to watch their progress from the peanut gallery.

Take care. -Mark

Old 06-17-2011, 06:56 PM   #5

My apologies for the slow response. A number of people have contacted me with additional questions and requesting more pics. I'm on the road so I'll post what I have off my drive and post more this weekend.

Answers to some of the questions that have been asked via email.

Have you gone offroad much? Offroad, not much. The van is long and the kids complain if they get bounced around. I've engaged 4x4 low less than a handful of times. If you are an offroad oriented person, I would suggest you might be happier with the RB and the SMB 4x4.
Dirtroads? Quite a bit as documented in my trip reports on the site. The Quadvan 4x4 gives a softer ride which met my family needs better.

Where do you get serviced? I have all the service records from Ford of Kirkland. All interior work has been done by SMB.

How about seating for a family? I have the four captains seats up front and the bench in back. The bench only has one shoulder strap (3 point style) seat belt. The other two are lap belts. So seating for 7, 5 with 3 point seat belts, 2 with lap belts. The bench has no headrests.

Could I reconfigure the van to a 50 style? Technically, yes. Financially, I think you would be better served by getting what you want initially. You would need to take out the two rear seats and build a matching cabinet where the driver side second row seat is located. There are lots of 50's out there, just get one:-)

Is the top electric? Yes.

Tire size? They are BFG All Terrains 265 70 R17s.

Do you have any racks on top? No. I keep it in the garage and don't have any room to spare.

Water filtration. SMB has a water filter on the fresh water tank. I had them add another commercial canister filter, located under the sink.

Diesel heater issues? No, I haven't had problems once I figured out how to get it to work. I have the standard diesel fuel tanks which give me 400 miles plus on a fill which is fine for driving. Unfortunately, the diesel heater only works if you have 1/2 tank or greater. Given how little it sips per hour, it should probably be set at 1/4 tank but that wasn't an option from SMB. When it's cold, I keep the tank full.
It also needs a lot of fresh air so I learned that I need to keep the air input clear or it will shut down with an error.

How long does your battery last? I get 3 days on my battery using the fridge before I get to 12.2 and need to recharge. That said, your mileage may vary. We use the microwave occasionally but don't use the radio or interior lights much when we camp because we do most of our camping in the summer and it stays light beyond the kids bedtime. When we camp in the dark months, we generally move each day so it recharges when we drive.

The second row of seats are on sliders giving 8 inches or so of forward back motion. All the chairs rotate but it is somewhat difficult. I can do it but no one else in the family admits that they can do it.
That is probably true for my girls.
IMG]http://sportsmobileforum.com/gallery/images/upload/d08d3218f21ad6fd07ac8798d62f2ebd.jpg[/IMG]

We put fold out counters on each side of the sink so, when needed, we could have a bit more counter space.

We have a flat plate water heater and rear shower head. If you haven't used a flat plate, it circulates the water through the engine and can put out wildly hot water when the engine is running. When you stop, the water stops circulating and it is only hot for a 1/2 gallon before it reverts to room (tank?) temperature. When we are camping, we fill up a thermos after we stop and that gives us hot water for dishes later in the evening. The shower goes through water quickly so for camping, it is used pretty sparingly. It works great if you want to wash sand off feet coming back from the beach or clean up the kids after a muddy hike.

I'll post more shortly. Thanks for your patience.

Old 06-18-2011, 10:03 AM   #6

Mark,

You guys are selling!!! When I ran into you a few times the past couple of months I know you said it has just been sitting in the garage but I never thought you would sell. I wish you the best in your new job.

I have seen this van numerous times in person and can say it is in great condition. If I didn't already have a van I would buy it myself. It is a great layout for a family with the 4 captains chairs and their own windows to look out. Much, much better than my RB50 floorplan I currently have if you have a family. This van was also the first sportsmobile I had ever seen in person since it lives in the same neighborhood as me. Also Mark is a standup guy and I would not hesitate buying from him. Good luck with the sale. Mark, your always welcome to come for some rides in my SMB if you get the itch.

Zach
Roonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:55 AM   #7

Thanks Zach, that is very nice to you to say. The van has really worked well for us. I may come by just to visit if I get too lonely for the Sportsmobile lifestyle.

I have many interior pictures but there were too many to load on the forum. I mailed out a link to those that expressed an interest.

If you haven't received the link, just drop me an email or send a PM.

Contact Info: sportsmobile2008@comcast.net

Old 07-16-2011, 12:11 PM   #8

Re: SOLD: 2008 Sportsmobile 4x4 EB52 6.0PSD , Seattle WA

I sold the van.

Good luck to all those that expressed an interest.

Old 07-16-2011, 02:28 PM   #9

Congrats on the sell, hopefully you've got Internet at work so you can live vicariously.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:33 AM   #10

I saw the van yesterday in Moses Lake at the burger king when I was filling up with gas. Thought it was you glad I didn't go looking for you. Congrats on the sell!
Roonie is offline   Reply With Quote