Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2023, 07:44 PM   #1

SOLD 2009 6.0 E350 Brand New Motor.

For Sale is a 2009 4x4 E350 with a brand new 6.0 From Kill Devil Diesel.

2k Miles on engine / rebuilt trans / new running gear. (Yes I'm still breaking it in)

140k on Frame / body

Price $33k
Denver/Front Range and Phoenix possible too. I would not shy away from a farewell drive for the right buyer.

Short Story: I built the 6.0 that I wanted to keep forever. Yet, career choices and relocation are impacting my opportunity to enjoy this rig properly. I stopped building before the choose a high top/ pop top phase.

This is the updated dash, updated front clip, and the last diesel ford ever sold that did not require DEF fluid.
The theme of this build, which is more of a total overhaul, has been OEM Ford parts (for easy to find replacements, or diesel performance aftermarket, where OEM just wasn’t good enough.)
Given how tough maintenance access is on a van, if it was hard to get to, it got replaced.

The 6.0 is a brand new long block from Kill Devil Diesel in North Carolina. And it has all the bulletproofing and more, including
head studs
O-ringed aluminum heads
Odawg diesel high flow intake
KC Jetfire Stage 1 Turbo
BD Diesel Exhaust Manifolds,
KDD stage 1 cam,
FICMRepair.com lifetime warranty FICM.
All new engine wiring harness (I expect these will go out of production soon)
And many many many more 6.0 things (Ask. I love this platform!)

2 sets of SCT Tunes are included, from Jody at DP and then Innovative diesel (with pilot injection as an option).

The life-blood of the 6.0 is the oil. A new oil cooler sits in the valley, and the factory oil filter has been replaced with an AMSOIL dual bypass filter mounted to the frame, in roughly the same spot as the original oil filter. . Fittings connect the whole assembly, ensuring easy replacement in the future. This van is ready for its 3rd oil change. The first 2 oil changes, running 500, and then 2000 miles, where Driven Racing oil Break in conventional. Included in the sale is its first taste of synthetic, and ARCHOIL Friction Modifier.

With the 6” lift, the van gets 16 MPG on the highway. LOL. God praise old diesels

The 6.0 is fed by a FASS fuel pump into a meticulous regulated return that uses AN fittings and OEM parts to feed the heads from the rear, and an Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator Keeps the fuel pressure always at 60 psi. The FASS has been upgraded to take the high flow spring kit that is more appropriate for the 6.0.

The 4WD Kit is a MG Metalworks Kit. The axles are F-Series Axles. The front is a 2017 Axle Attached to the frame via MG MetalWorks radius arm kit, including the caster correction plates, and a PMF suspension steering dampener, just in case. The front axles sit on the prescribed Moog CC880S springs. A brand new red-head steering box ensures there is no steering slop.

The Rear axle is upgraded to a F-Series Full Float Sterling 10.5, accompanying larger brakes, and of course the factory E-Locker. The matching rear lift is provided in 2 ways. First is we got a hold of the discontinued Agile Off Road Add-a-leaf(s) ride improvement Kit. This gave us 2” of lift, and a vastly improved ride.
The remainder of the lift comes from PMF FAB 4.5” lift blocks.

These lift blocks capture the U-bolts to ensure you never spit out a block. There is planned 0.5” to 1” of rear rake, meaning it sits higher, on the rear suspension, as the interior rear build out sits empty, and this thing was made to haul.

The Transfer case is a NV273, mated to a rebuilt 5r110w transmission, with the deep dish 6.4 trans pan upgrade.

The NV273, and E-Locker are wired to the dash using all Ford electronics into a Ford OEM 4WD Switch. Rotate for rowdy, pull to lock up the rear. An incredibly pedantic shrink wrap labeled and split loomed custom wiring harness ties it all together.

Custom 1350 CV drive shafts front and rear. The rear has a double cardan joint, as that is the right way to eliminate any pinion angle induced drive shaft issues.

The F-Series Axles allow the van a much better selection of wheels, currently sitting on F250 Platinum 18” Rims.

Those 18” rims allow us to fit the massive F250 brakes for the corresponding Axles.

Those brakes a driven by a Hydroboost conversion, using an E450 hydrobooster, master cylinder, and matching brake pedal.. Again all ford parts. These brakes are awesome. The factory ABS module is still intact. The 6.0’s never had RSC, so none of that crap to worry about.
The ABS module has been bled properly using FORSCAN to replicate the dealer procedure..
The notoriously failure prone vacuum pump has been deleted, the van uses a truck 6.0 belt, and a truck electric vacuum pump, mounted on rubber isolators.

Moving inside to the Drivers experience:
To start the vehicle, one of 2 included RAVELCO keys is required to be present, to ensure this vehicle never walks away.

The driver is greeted by a custom wood grain steering wheel, with factory cruise control.
The factory upfitter switches sit next to the factory E-series trailer brake controller. A Glowshift 3-in-1 monitors EGT’s, Fuel Pressure, and shows off the boost that the KC Jetfire VGT makes.

All other monitoring is done via Torque on the ATOTO S8, with included fancy backup camera wired to the license plate holder.

Dual Swivels from Ray, aka Bling My Ride, are installed on the factory seats. The lack of a floor shifter maximizes floor space between them.

This van began as a bone stock cargo van, and all doors have been upgraded to ford factory electronic locks, and the discontinued POP out windows.

In anticipation of the interior it deserves ,the interior is thoroughly sound deadened with Noico, foam, 3m thinsulate, and mass loaded vinyl. Including : behind the dash, in the doors, and under the headliner head to toe.

A chinese diesel heater (plumbed into main tank) and a pair of 80-20 aluminum wheel well boxes are all that consists of the rear build out. Custom laser cut brackets allow for multiple bed platform positions on the Ikea skorva beams. The light weight wheel well boxes are mounted to the side with rivnuts, and can be installed and removed in minutes.

Lighting is provided by a pair of LED 5x7 drop in replacements. The Lights are JW Speaker Heated LED 8910's. These are awesome, and are as good as the 30” Baja designs bar on my other rig. Superbright LED replace all turn, parking, and reverse bulbs, ensuring you can see, and others see you.

Each door has factory power locks, provided by factory harnesses.

The mods go on and on.

Extras Included :
Forscan Adapter for programming Dash
SCT Tuner w/ custom tunes
Full Set of Ford 2009 Factory Service Manuals, including wiring diagrams (invaluable)
An Extra ECU (I was planning on keeping ithis thing forever)
Driver side window glass from passenger van (I was planning a window mod)

2k Miles on engine / rebuilt trans / new running gear. (Yes I'm still breaking it in)

140k on Frame / body

Price $33k
Denver/Front Range and Phoenix possible too. I would not shy away from a farewell drive for the right buyer.

desertsherpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 06:13 AM   #2

Wow! I’m not a diesel or 4x4 guy, but I can’t imagine a more dialed-in 4x4 van based on the description of your upgrades. Price seems more than fair as well. Must be hard to sell after all that work. Good luck!
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 08:51 AM   #3

Drivetrain wise this van is everything I wish my 6.0 SMB was. This should sell fast.

-Eric
ShuttlePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 09:03 AM   #4

Amazing van. Good luck with the sale. That MG radius arm kit...WOW!
clicker44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 09:07 AM   #5

Garage
Yah, very enticing and should capture interest. Think it’s worth more…as it sits or parted out.
Old 02-07-2023, 09:24 AM   #6

Don't remind me, LOL
desertsherpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 02:16 PM   #7

Wow Sherpa, if I didn’t prefer RB’s over EB’s, I would beg, borrow or steal to get your van. You bought it right, as in the factory setup; and then you did it right, as in the mods. I don’t think I’ve seen a better 6.0.
SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 02:45 PM   #8

Excellent and detailed writeup. Probably the only 6.0 I'd consider owning based on the obvious research and knowledgeable effort you put into it. I wish diesels didn't make me nervous in general, and needing to pass emissions smog check in CA even more nervous.
RVRoams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 10:39 AM   #9

Definitely worth the price. Any idea on H.P. rating?
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 01:26 PM   #10

Damn that's super clean and solid. Well done!
bisonthecruiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4wd, 6.0, bulletproof, e350, for sale