Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2020, 04:34 PM   #1

SOLD: 2015 Sprinter w/penthouse - LHC, AZ

Up For Sale again. I just came thru the Tehachapi Pass and this inline4 pulled like a freight train. I'm going to miss it.

I’m the original owner of this van. Ordered in May of ’14 and it was delivered 4 months later. Always been garaged when not on the road.I built the interior to be comfortable on road trips, I do not go off-roading or boondocking.
The additional house battery produces plenty of power to camp for several days running the TV, DVD player, charging devices and having minimal lights on at night. The four Yakima racks on top were used to carry a surfboard and can be utilized to mount solar panels if you so desire…or easily removed. The side ladder is made by VanCompass, and I chose this design because there is no drilling required at the top for the installation. When I was spec’ing the van I chose suspension seats over the swivel seats (can’t have both) because I would spend way more time driving than sitting in the van at a campsite.
The drivers and passenger suspension seats are the absolute best feature of this van.
The Sportsmobile Penthouse, when popped up, opens up the entire van by letting in fresh air and sunlight. Two adults can easily sleep up there and two more can sleep down below. The upper mattress can be removed completely to give more headroom when not being used. Top mattress has only been slept on twice. I actually almost sold it once, but I'm glad I didn't. I chose a walk-thru design when I built the inside. I did not want a permanent bed that would limit the access thru the rear entrance. The cubby holes and clothes storage were designed to have everything within easy reach. I used all real wood, no particle board! The 24" Vizio TV is on a swivel mount and can face to the front or back. There is also a small DVD player for watching movies.
Van has the factory 2” receiver hitch which I mainly use to mount my bike rack.
I installed a Aluminess front hitch to be able to switch the bike rack to the front at certain times. I did tow a u-haul trailer only once when moving from TX to AZ… and let me tell you, this I4 and & 7 spd tranny combo pulls like a dream. Just set the cruise control and sit back and steer. The Michelin LTX M/S2 LT 245/75R16 tires have a ton of tread left on them ..and the spare has never been used.
The factory does not offer a rear trailer hitch together with a step bumper, but I found a way to do it. The rear wooden bumper is so nice to be able to step up into the rear, and a nice place to sit when parked...or strap camp chairs and firewood to it.
The water tank holds 17 gals of fresh water, the sink drains into a 5gal clear water bottle that can be removed easily to dump just about anywhere. The 12v electric water pump is easily accessible from the side entrance. The accumulator tank, mounted right next to the pump, allows water to stay pressurized in the lines so the pump doesn’t have to energize every single time there is a need for just a small amount of water.
I chose the 65gal Yeti Ice Chest over a fridge because I didn’t want my fridge sitting idle for months at a time, I’ve heard that a refrigerator prefers to stay running rather than be turned on and off. I can also buy a lot of ice for the price of a elec fridge. The ice chest does not have to be moved to be drained (see video).
Porta-potty has it’s own hiding place and sits on a drawer that can be pulled out for easier use. (see video).
The van has 62,610k miles, mostly from multiple highway trips from TX to the west coast and back, never been off-roading, never wanted a 4wd. BTW, a 4WD Sprinter won’t get a consistent 26mpg like this one gets. All required maintenance and any recalls have already been performed. All receipts available.

Currently the fuel tank is full and the DEF is topped off as well. Just did a oil & filter change, air filter and tire rotation about 1000 miles ago. Still under factory extended warranty until Sept 20th 2020.

There are 24 more photos in my CL add.

Craigslist ad: https://mohave.craigslist.org/rvs/d/...152389313.html

Part 1 Video walk-thru:

Part 2 Video:

Priced to sell at $50K

Call or text me at: 361.215.3249 or e-mail: oc.shore3@gmail.com
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0249.jpg   IMG_0179.jpg   GOPR2504.jpg  

4liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 07:20 PM   #2

Here's the Sprinter Data Card.
Old 07-15-2020, 04:28 PM   #3

Bump to the top
Old 07-21-2020, 11:51 AM   #4

List of all the add-ons:

Sportsmobile Penthouse w/mattress and ladder w/factory installation $9,229

Aluminess 2" Front Receiver Hitch
VanCompass Side Ladder
Rear-door Tire Mount
Rear wooden step bumper

Coleman PowerPak Propane Stove
Kelty Noah's Tarp Sun Shelter 9'X9' (108"X108") w/2 telescopic alum poles

(4) Yakima 66" round bars, (8) 1A Raingutter Towers
Endless Breeze 12v Fantastic Vent Fan
65Qt Yeti Ice Chest w/drain valve and hose
SunShades for windshield, sliding door and rear doors

Thetford 92853 Porta Potti 550P Portable Toilet
(2) Skeeter Beater window screens for both front windows https://theskeeterbeater.com/
12v 3Gal Air Compressor w/50' hose

https://www.jaeeagle.com/12-volt-com...low-tank/p2115

Optima BLUETOP Marine Battery 750 CCA

17 Gal Clear Plastic Fresh Water Tank
25' drinking water fill hose
25' rear of van rinse-off hose

Franke Bar sink 12" X 10" X 6"
SHURflo 4008-101-E65 3.0 Revolution Water Pump
SHURflo 182-200 Pre-Pressurized Accumulator Tank

Go Power GP-SW300-12 300 Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter
24" Vizio Smart TV on swivel mount w/indoor tv antenna
Philips BlueRay Disc/DVD Player BDP1300
Kidde Fire extinguisher
Drivers and Passenger windows tinted

All of the above included in sale price.
Old 08-01-2020, 07:37 AM   #5

Sale Pending
Old 08-05-2020, 07:52 AM   #6

Sprinter Sold