I'm almost finished with rebuild v3.0 of my van and work has slowed down a bit for the holidays so I've finally had a chance to clean up the garage.
Anyone who has built their own camper van knows that you stockpile parts and then sometimes you change directions before you can get those parts installed. This is the case with this diesel heater. I was inspired by 86scotty's purchase, install, and positive experience with one of these heaters in his gas Transit. I was going to follow the same path but then ultimately decided to go with propane, so this one needs a good home.
The heater I have for sale is an Autoterm Planar 44D 12V Diesel.
- Brand new. Never installed.
- Max output of 4kW/13,600 BTU
- Due to a vendor mixup when I bought it they sent me 2 controllers (PU5 and PU22) so I'm including both and you can pick the one you want to use
- Comes with a 7L stand alone diesel tank (a pickup tube to be used with an existing tank can be purchased separately if you need it)
- I have complete install and operations manuals that will be included.
- Can be upgraded with a high altitude kit just like the other brands if needed
- Although Autoterm is a European company, they do list Couch Offroad Engineering in Denver, CO as a domestic service partner
- Additional details can be found here: https://www.autoterm.com/overview/planar-44d
Price is $650 shipped via FedEx ground. I can take payment through Paypal. Feel free to PM if you have any questions.