Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2020, 03:30 PM   #1

SOLD: Custom 1994 Sportsmobile 4x2 $30,000

Custom 1994 4x2 R-30

Completely mechanial overhaul, upgrades galore, and with all the paperwork.

I'm her third owner. Originally she was a standard 1994 E250 Sportsmobile (RB 30) used by a couple in TX for bird watching. They took her back to the dealership after each trip for an oil change, and maintenance. Next, she was owned by a meticulous metal worker in Houston, whom I bought her from. He took great care of her and was very sad to let her go. But I made a deal with him and for years afterwards, I'd send him pics from our grand adventures. Both owners kept records, and so have I. She comes with all the manuals and paperwork on all work and maintenance!!

After I purchased her I began modifications. First was a 6" lift, 32" tires, Ford offroad rims, and a new front end. From there on over the years I've updated all of the mechanical, some of the electrical, and updated her with a fresh coat of paint. She lives up to her name is while only a 4X2 she is fully capable to handle light off road situations due to her weight, stance, and gearing. For when it gets tuff going there is a 15k lb winch mounted out front to get you there.

Key Stats:

ZERO RUST!

Engine: Winsor 5.8l V8. She was just overhauled by Fenix Automotive in Charleston and they were stunned at how clean the engine was inside. All of those oil changes really make a difference!

Drive Train: The transmission runs amazingly well, and the rear end was just rebuilt. In August 2020 a full mechanical overhaul was competed (27k). All parts were top of the line, and a full itemization of the work goes with the van. All bearings and bushings have just been replaced as of August 2020.

Inside: The interior is the original Sportsmobile RB 30 layout. Complete with a working fridge, microwave, sink, 11-gallon grey water tank, heat/air, and sleeping space for 4. The couch folds out to a double bed, and the seats pivot around for more seating. There is even a table that can be placed in the galley to turn it into an office or dining room. There is also tons of storage, including a pull out pantry, and a full closet. All doors use a latch system to keep them shut off-road.

Pop-Top: The RB 30 has a full penthouse. For those of you not down with Sportsmobile lingo, that means the white top, pops up giving you a full 7' of clearance inside, and an extra sleeping loft. Bringing the total interior sleeping arrangement to 4 adults. The top does have a small bend in one of the bars so the top sags slightly towards the rear. Also one of the zippers for the window no longers functions, but all other windows (4/5) up top are fully functional. The canvas is in okay shape, but not as good as the rest of the vehicle.

Customizations: The front end is a custom-built bumper from UJOINT in Asheville. It houses the Waren Ti Winch. The rear sports an Allumness swing arm tire carrier. The 6" lift and front end work is a custom set of swing arms, and springs decked out with Bilstein shocks. I also added two extra leaf springs in the back, as well as an additional anti-sway bar. There is an aftermarket radio and speakers installed, and a fresh coat of gunmetal grey paint, and white on the roof. It also has a Yakima roof rack and tracks installed. Brand new LED lights just installed.

RV Mods: The beast is a full RV with all hookups. There is water, and electrical hookups for when you want to glamp it, and 2 deep cycle batteries to keep you powered up off the grid. The batteries will keep you going for about two days in the summer without a recharge. There is a full pull out awning, and built in table that fits in the back of the van. The windows were just taken out, painted, and resealed.

Known Issues: There are only a few minor issues. First is the oil gauge. It has never worked. Also sometimes the speedometer will jump around. This only happens at speeds over 70, and it usually settles out after a few minutes. The ABS does not work, and never has as long as I've owned it. Also, the check engine light will come on after a few minutes of driving, but the mechanic said it is a sensor issue and nothing to be concerned with. The only other issue is the wipers, at high speeds they are great. They just don't like to go slow, but they work.

On the interior, there are a few small interior blemishes due to age. All in all, she is one of the cleanest Sportsmobiles you'll find.

Why am I selling? I'm headed out west and will only have space for 1 vehicle. I'm converting my 4runner to my new overland vehicle and parting ways with the beast.

The van is located in Charleston SC. The price is negotiable, the title is clean, and she has all the records to prove how well she has been kept. No trades, or need for services. Pick up is local, and cash is king.

Please email me with questions and to set up a showing.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 5.42.04 PM.jpg   Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 5.42.35 PM.jpg   Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 5.42.16 PM.jpg   Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 5.42.42 PM.jpg   Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 5.42.51 PM.jpg  

Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 5.43.00 PM.jpg  

secampervan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 11:21 AM   #2

Sold - no longer for sale

The van is no longer for sale .SOLD!
secampervan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 06:15 AM   #3

Dude Nice Rig, congrats on the sale !! Not surprised no comments here but looks great!
Michisurfer is offline   Reply With Quote