Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2019, 06:10 PM   #1

SOLD: Help determine a fair market value range for my SMB

I will be putting our 2008 SMB up for sale within the month, and I would like the opinions of both knowledgeable members and guests about what the ball-park market value range of this one might be, as they see it. I'll have to go check the mileage, but it's near 50,000 as I recall. It is the 6.0 diesel Super Duty as pictured below (shortly after this initial posting is made.)

We have enjoyed owning and traveling in our Sportsmobile. We don't off road...it's strictly camps, rest or truck stops for us. We would keep it, however, being in our late seventies we are not as active as we once were.

We have enjoyed owning and traveling in our Sportsmobile even though it was not made with a typical floorplan, in that it was not decked out with cabinetry, bench seats, propane cook top, and sink. It had pretty much everything else one could ask for such as: necessary battery and electrical components, a PowerTech diesel generator, Danhard A/C, bed/hauling platform in the cargo area, fresh water tank, fridge, microwave, house battery, electric penthouse poptop, etc., and if we wanted to camp out, portable accessories were an easy fix...not a bad tradeoff for the luxury of a spacious rest area.

A Ford delearship has accomplished all required maintenance for us and all records are available, and the generator has been serviced. We added a ScanGauge; modified the platform in the cargo area into a roomy dinette/bunk bed/full bed area, whichever set-up one might prefer, with a Lagun table and mount available as well; had a brake job; added HD Bilstein shocks; plus an extra leaf to the rear spring pack; replaced the turbo due to a code-light coming on while traveling near Los Angeles last summer, even though it was running okay; put on a new set of Michelin tires that has about 5 to 6000 miles on them as of now.

We are the second owners, the first owner was a military officer and his family. They owned show dogs and travelled on occasion with them, but they decided to sell it as their family outgrew it. We own and travel with our aging Cockatiel named Rocky, who is in his 27th year - still, this is a very clean SMB, owned by non-smokers.

On our last trip from Washington to Texas and Missouri via California and back, we averaged a bit over 14 mpg while usually running between 70 and 75 mph, and running the cab A/C about 90% of the time. While at rest stops or in camp the Danhard ran flawlessly, and kept as cool as we wanted to be.

I'll be adding some random pictures of it shortly.

Once, again, help me determine a reasonable ball-park market value range for it, as I will be adding more information to help to this end during the next day or two.

James

James4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 06:47 PM   #2

Garage
James - looks like a well kept van.
Might consider going back to edit your first entry just to add that its a 2008 (I had to look in your "profile" to see if you documented the year)... this will be important to most buyers.
Old 03-03-2019, 06:50 PM   #3

Looks really clean. Has low miles. You don’t mention the year, but it will make a big difference. It’s at least an 08, with the new front end. Layout is really interesting. It will be amazing for some and a turn off for others.

The 6.0 will be a big turn off to many but it seems well maintained.

Depending on the year, I’d go anywhere from $35k-$45k.
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 07:25 PM   #4

TwoXentrix: Thank you for taking the time to go to my profile and notify me that I had forgotten to list the model year! I have corrected that!

Grampswrx: Many thanks for the comments and the ball-park value range you provided me with. I do understand and agree with you about the turn off the 6.0 is to some folks.

James
Old 05-17-2019, 04:20 PM   #5

The van has SOLD. I did not see any edit tabs.

I wish the very best of good luck and happy trails to all of the forum's members. You folks have been the greatest, and I thank each of you very much for that!

James