Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2022, 08:23 PM   #1

SOLD: MG Metal Works/Expo Van Econoline 4x4 conversion kit North Bay Area

I have an extra Expo Van Conversion kit powder coated and ready for install. Just supply a Ford Nv271 or 273 Transfer Case and '13-'16 F250 or 350 radius arm front axle. Basically bolts on. I have documentation and links to the online support forums. These conversion kits are made in limited numbers.
Asking the Invoice cost $2170
My cost was slightly higher with powder coating.

Located in 95451

From Expo Van:
Background/information on our coil spring 4x4 conversion bracket kit;
The conversion kit we designed/engineered was intended to be the most straightforward way to install a 2005-2016 F250/F350 4WD front axle under a 4th gen ('92-14) E-Series van, with no welding required! We like to recommend '13-'16 axles however due to the larger 14.3” brakes being standard on these later model axles. To go one step further, the '16 axles have MUCH larger knuckle joints and since they're still a pretty recent model year, you can sometimes find a good low mileage axle for not much more than the older ones (car-part.com, Ebay, Craigslist are all helpful SRW(single rear wheel) axle sources).

With all of the in-house builds and development projects/products we have going on, we don't have the capacity to perform installations in-house, so we will not be scheduling any. We are just selling the bracket kits we designed. What will be included in the CAD-designed, laser cut, CNC-formed and welded bracket kits are; two radius arm brackets, two spring perch&shock mount brackets, two coil spring keepers, trac bar mounting bracket, and machined pitman arm (no powdercoat on these brackets, just raw parts so that you can powdercoat them in whatever finish you desire). For "special pricing," scroll to the bottom of this email.

The remainder of the parts needed for the 4x4 conversion are readily available from online and local sources and we see no need to have parts shipped from all over the country to our shop, just to repackage them and ship them out to you. Plus, we're trying to save you money here to go towards your 4x4 conversion! All of the part numbers for the off-the-shelf parts are well documented and are provided to you (see att'd). Note that we have LIMITED resources for or providing support for questions regarding the bracket kits, and installation, etc; this is one of the many reasons for this special deal and price. The online community is welcome to share knowledge with each other as everyone builds their vans. Please refer to the forum (Sportsmobile Forum, Expedition Portal, etc) threads for answers to any questions you may have, such as his thread; https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...are-22440.html
Attached Thumbnails
DC52B0BD-F950-405F-8EA1-85831CD0ACE1.jpg   IMG_1843.jpg  

The Renaissance Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 11:34 AM   #2

Dumb question, but are/how are these brackets different than factory F series suspension bits? I thought ford used the same frame horn/mid section between E and F-series.
krackajak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 12:03 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by krackajak View Post
Dumb question, but are/how are these brackets different than factory F series suspension bits? I thought ford used the same frame horn/mid section between E and F-series.
Have you read the info thread?
https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...are-22440.html

I’m not sure the difference but I don’t believe the F truck brackets fit (or don’t fit well). My other van is leaf sprung so that’s what I’m most familiar with.
MG is fairly active here in the forum. Maybe he or one of the other folks who have more experience with his kits can chime in.
Old 01-21-2022, 12:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Renaissance Tinker View Post
Have you read the info thread?
https://www.sportsmobilefoIrum.com/forums/f10/mg-metal-works-diy-kit-knowledge-share-22440.html

I’m not sure the difference but I don’t believe the F truck brackets fit (or don’t fit well). My other van is leaf sprung so that’s what I’m most familiar with.
MG is fairly active here in the forum. Maybe he or one of the other folks who have more experience with his kits can chime in.
I haven't, will dig in. 53 pages will keep me busy for a bit, thanks for the link.
krackajak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 04:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by krackajak View Post
The
E series frames have nothing in common with the F series frames. If they did Ford would have probably made a 4x4 van from the factory. This is a custom installation.
Conversion in process. Lol
Denver, CO
Lilnuts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 09:22 PM   #6

Eseries frame is wider than Fseries. the engine cross member is also a different shape and the steering gear is mounted in a different spot relative to the axle. Our bracket kit is a simple solution for mounting the Fseries axle and radius arm suspension to the Eseries chassis using the fewest number of custom components possible. I tried to make our conversion very OEM-like, easy to service and easy to install using easy to source parts.
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 12:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmetalworks View Post
Eseries frame is wider than Fseries. the engine cross member is also a different shape and the steering gear is mounted in a different spot relative to the axle. Our bracket kit is a simple solution for mounting the Fseries axle and radius arm suspension to the Eseries chassis using the fewest number of custom components possible. I tried to make our conversion very OEM-like, easy to service and easy to install using easy to source parts.
Thumbs 👍 to your kit. I wish it was around when I did my conversion. Would have made things easier. It's not easy linking a leaf front axle housing mount wise. Shocks, coils, spring base, Trac bar mounts. Then you have to make it fit. Like I said, thumbs 👍 to your kit. There's no ride like a coil spring ride.
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 01:25 PM   #8

I have a set of radius arms I will include free with pickup.
Old 02-17-2022, 04:31 PM   #9

Sold sold sold
Old 02-21-2022, 04:29 PM   #10

Mods, please delete or mark the title as sold. Editing has been disabled thanks!

Tags
sold!