Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2020, 02:55 PM   #1

Garage
SOLD: Pak Mule Aluminum rear cargo carrier with fuel and water can racks

For Sale:

Pak Mule aluminum rear cargo carrier WITH fuel and water can mounts. This high quality carrier holds 500 lbs and plugs into a standard 2" receiver hitch and uses and included bolt to secure it to your receiver to eliminate wobble. I have also added 2 fuel can racks for standard fuel cans as well 2 water can racks for the Scepter 5 gal water cans. The fuel/water cans and storage boxes shown in the picture are not included but you can see what this can hold.

The Pak Mule rack itself is a Tig welded, high quality rack. This thing is solid! I have added an aluminum plate to it to mount the fuel/water can racks to that are also aluminum and all stainless steel hardware was used.

I am in SoCal and would prefer local pickup. Asking $475

Glenn P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 04:34 PM   #2

Garage
Unrelated, but if you haven’t done so already, please remove the balancing sand from that washer drum fire pit. My wife and I got a face full of hot sand as it exploded out one night sitting around a washer tub like that. We were really lucky there were no setious injuries.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 04:44 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn P. View Post
For Sale:

Pak Mule aluminum rear cargo carrier WITH fuel and water can mounts. This high quality carrier holds 500 lbs and plugs into a standard 2" receiver hitch and uses and included bolt to secure it to your receiver to eliminate wobble. I have also added 2 fuel can racks for standard fuel cans as well 2 water can racks for the Scepter 5 gal water cans. The fuel/water cans and storage boxes shown in the picture are not included but you can see what this can hold.

The Pak Mule rack itself is a Tig welded, high quality rack. This thing is solid! I have added an aluminum plate to it to mount the fuel/water can racks to that are also aluminum and all stainless steel hardware was used.

I am in SoCal and would prefer local pickup. Asking $475

Nice setup and a good price. Those MWC and MFC holders are not cheap just by themselves.

Herb
Old 12-11-2020, 04:47 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post
Unrelated, but if you haven’t done so already, please remove the balancing sand from that washer drum fire pit. My wife and I got a face full of hot sand as it exploded out one night sitting around a washer tub like that. We were really lucky there were no setious injuries.

This got my attention, but has me a little confused. I have a washing machine tub fire pit, but it's just a singular piece of metal with holes in it.

Herb
Old 12-11-2020, 05:57 PM   #5

Garage
I’m sure they vary by manufacture but I’ve seen quite a few that had a section around the top of the drum that was double walled. Some of them fill that area with sand for balancing. That night after about 5-6 hours of a pretty big fire it over heated the top ring enough to blow out the little plastic plug that kept the sand in. It just happened to be pointed right at me and the wife. It made a loud pop and then we felt the hot peppering of the sand. I’m still amazed neither one of us got any in our eyes.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 07:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post

I have witnessed the washing machine tub venting of sand myself. It was probably 20 years ago I was at a coworkers back yard BBQ when the same thing happened. In our case the sand vented vertically with a loud pop and sprayed sand all over the people. No injuries fortunately as by the time the sand fell back down it had mostly cooled. It was a mess though and everyone had sand in "all the places". Haven't thought of that in years.

- Eric
ShuttlePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 04:27 PM   #7

Garage
Here are a few more photos of the rack without cargo on it.

[IMG]https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/forums/members/15152-albums1493-picture44042.jpg[/IMG

Old 12-14-2020, 12:23 PM   #8

Hi Glenn, I'm interested, send me an email at stonecite@gmail.com to discuss.
Thanks -

Stone
Stone Cite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 04:10 PM   #9

Garage
Still available.
Old 04-02-2021, 11:52 PM   #10

Is this still available?
Zilla is offline   Reply With Quote