Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2009, 09:03 PM   #1

Sportsmobile 2001 -Chevy Extended Base-$15,000-in NC

95,000 miles. Excellent mechanical condition. Pop-up tent, refrig, microwave, sink, port-a-potty, AC. We used portable stove & heater when needed. Closest to Model 27MB. 4 captains chairs in front. 2 front ones swivel to face back. Behind middle captains chairs are 2 bench seats that fold into bed. Storage underneath.

We have thoroughly enjoyed our SMB, but moved to a Class C because my husband is ill and we needed different sleeping arrangement. I liked the Chassis so much, that I bought the class c with the same Chassis. There is more foot room for the driver in the Chevy compared to the Ford/Dodge models.

Was outfitted in Indiana-excellent experience.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Sportsmobile.bmp (588.1 KB, 500 views)

earlybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:39 AM   #2

Re: Sportsmobile 2001 -Chevy Extended Base-$15,000-in NC

The EB Chevy wheelbase is extended with the van which makes for more stability, especially with towing... my F250 crew lb and SMB E350 EB are both 22' but the F250 has the longer wheelbase and is much more stable.

Earlybird, if you're so inclined, I'd be interested to hear ongoing impressions of moving to a C, from more space to parking, to ride, size of the greywater tank... anything that makes an impression, good, bad or just different... As I've said before you don't actually have to own an SMB to post here.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:51 AM   #3

We have had the Class C now for about 18 months, and continue to use the SMB for short trips and about town. It's a bit like apples and oranges to me, as the SMB was great for road trips with kids, and for getting out into the woods. I certainly felt closer to nature in the SMB. But we couldn't have kept travelling in the SMB as I needed to be able to move around freely to care for my husband. Also, we are able to truly live in the Class C if we need to-and this was important to allowing me to visit my aging parents, but not have to "move in on them."

I can't say I like one more over the other. They are just different. The SMB was definitely the preferred vehicle for that time in our lives. I am very thankful we have had it, and it has been the most reliable vehicle we have ever owned.

Thanks for asking!
earlybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:11 PM   #4

I left you an email with my contact information. Could you send some more pics. Thanks George
smbwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:49 PM   #5

can you send photos
kqfuller@comcast.net
kqfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:24 PM   #6

I also would like more photos. I'm looking for an EWB van to tow the Melges 24 sailboat to various circuit regattas.

skubadu@comcast.net

John
skubadu is offline   Reply With Quote