Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2020, 05:29 PM   #1

Still ISO: 2008 or later E350 4x4 RB or EB, V10, <30k

Hello All.

In search of post.

We've tried several times now to make offers on SMBs when they become available, but always seem to be an hour too late.

Here's what we're looking for:

-First, budget 75-125k.
-Van: E350 4x4 (locking differential), prefer SMB 4x4 to quigley, RB or EB, v10, although would consider diesel 6.0. Less than 30,000 miles. Van wish list longer than interior wish list: propane heat, pop top, awning, underfloor storage compartment, winch, front/rear lockers, larger water tanks. We don't need AC as we live at 9k, and will mostly use the vehicle above 6k. We are also open to making changes on our own, especially at the lower end of the budget.
-Interior: Any layout works. We actually prefer a stripped down interior as we don't need a cook top or microwave, and top of the line is not necessary for us. We ain't fancy. Although, prefer vinyl floors because dog, skis, bike grease, fish guts, etc.

Although we'd like to buy one in time for next winter, it also seems like the market is *nuts*. We're usually based in the Eastern Sierra (hence, user name) but are in New Mexico through labor day staying with family (and yes, we are fully adhering to NM's 14 day quarantine), so are keeping an eye out for options in NM, TX, and AZ. And yes, would 100% be willing to go through another quarantine for a SMB!

Tioga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 06:40 PM   #2

Keep your eyes on the SMB website, they usually get a bunch for sale. Also, watch the facebook SMB owners group. Lots of people come on here to sell.

Also, how open are you to building or modifying one that has everything except one thing you want? For example, everything you want, but 2x4. Or no locking diffs or whatever. The more flexible you are, the faster you will find something.
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 06:43 PM   #3

How about this one:

https://albuquerque.craigslist.org/r...154092468.html

2013, V10, gaucho and dinette in the rear, pop top, 4x4, $140k, 18k miles. Gonna have to talk them down a bit, but thats about as close as you are going to find. Plus, its in the same state!
Old 08-04-2020, 06:59 PM   #4

Here's the other one you could buy if the sale falls through:

https://sportsmobile.com/van-invento...4x4-eb70-ruby/
Old 08-04-2020, 11:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampswrx View Post

This one is sold. They have not updated the site
bob949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 12:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampswrx View Post

Thanks! We actually tried to buy this one. And, reached out about the one in Taos (they won't come down at all on price). That said, I haven't seen the facebook forum (not on facebook), but I'll give that a try!
Tioga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 07:33 PM   #7

https://www.rockmotorcars.com/ i bought my 2009 extended e-350 V 10 Quigley panel van from this place mine is very clean, former border patrol from Texas mine had 28k on it for 28 grand. It appears he is getting them from auction. The owner said I am the only one who purchased from him locally. hope this helps someone
OxFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 07:59 PM   #8

Tioga, history has proven that your method of posting a want ad here is probably the best way. There are several of us who can't help but shop for these things even when we already own one.....or more......

Keep checking and updating your progress in this post (keeping it on top) and I can almost guarantee you someone will find you one.

Good luck!

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 12:47 PM   #9

2008 6.0

I've got a 2008 RB Quigley 4x4 with a 52k miles I'm about to list for sale. I'm in Santa Fe, NM. It's not exactly what you're looking for:

6.0 diesel
4x Sienna reclining seats
Aluminess roof rack 11' w/perforated floor
Aluminess front bumper w/ 12k winch
Aluminess rear tire carrier
Aluminess rear deluxe box
nFab nerf bars
Agile Fox Shox RIP Kit w steering stabilizer

Asking $40k
klhbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 12:53 PM   #10

Also includes Method NVs and a 10' Fiama 45s