Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2019, 02:01 PM   #1
D&D

SOLD: Tan color EB E350 Diesel 4x4, 100% bullet-proofed, Voyager top, roof rack.

Year: 2005
Mileage: ~102K (about 5k miles since engine rebuild)
Price: $85K (negotiable)

Pictures at: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qgck5rzULoTKczuU7
Log book at: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ir...2clikcrSEf03ZI
For interior pics: DM me and I'll send you the link. Interior is in immaculate condition.

The 6.0 diesel engine has been re-manufactured and 100% bullet-proofed in the last year. This includes bulletproof external oil cooler, EGR, head studs, Ford blue spring kit, new fuel injectors, remanufactured oil pump, bulletproof billet water pump, new alternators, new glow plugs, starter batteries, etc, etc. I have all service records since the beginning, including the original Sportsmobile binder.

The van is fully loaded with:
Espar furnace and hot water
Two solar panels
Kenwood touch screen entertainment
Microwave
Sink
Refrigerator
Inverter
Interior and exterior shower
Fantastic fan
Day/nite shades
Exterior light
Side latter
Roof rack
Bushwhackers
Hitch
Aluminess rear bumper w/storage box
Aluminess swing-way tire carrier
Back-up lights
New ball joints and sway bar bushings
Swivel seats
110V and 12V throughout
Aluminess roof rack
46 gallon fuel tank
Tire mount bike rack + ski rack

Van layout is most similar to RB14 -- see diagram here: https://sportsmobile.com/standard-rbplans/
I live in the Bay Area, the van is currently stored up near Redding, CA but I can bring it back down if you're interested/serious.

Selling because we had a baby, and we are uncomfortable attaching an infant seat to a dinette seat.

ALSO -- if you can help me sell this thing, message me. I'm glad to pay ~$2K if you can help sell (including storing and showing the van), but you must be knowledgeable about Sportsmobiles -- no generalist RV dealers!

D&D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 02:41 PM   #2

You shouldn't have much trouble selling it yourself. In fact, there was a member on here looking for a high top last week.

You need some interior photos but it seems like a very well kept rig.
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 05:34 PM   #3

I could be missing it, but I don't see a year in your ad.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:09 PM   #4

Garage
His public profile shows 2005...
Old 04-09-2019, 06:29 PM   #5
D&D

Yes, sorry -- I totally forgot the year! It's a 2005. I am also working on posting some interior pics, and also going to link my online maintenance log that shows all the work that's been done. More coming! And LMK if there is any other info missing... I will post into this thread as I go.
Old 04-09-2019, 07:17 PM   #6
D&D

Link to the maintenance logbook has been posted. DM me if you'd like the interior pics.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:38 PM   #7
D&D

A few additional details based on questions I’ve received via DM:

Refrigerator is ice cold - it’s 12V, not propane. There is no propane anywhere on this van since the furnace and hot water are all powered directly from the diesel tank through the espar hydronic heater. This keeps things simple with one fuel source. No propane refills ever needed.

Never been in an accident.

Rebuilt the engine because one of the injectors went out at 100k miles, and rather than replace the one injector, I wanted to rebuild the entire engine and make it 100% reliable (this was when we thought we were keeping the van forever, before a newborn changed our lives).

It’s great for camping in winter - no poptop means all the walls are insulated and I get no condensation while winter camping.

House batteries charge via solar or via alternator when engine is running. This is a dual alternator setup, so tons of electricity generation to quickly charge house batteries on startup. System automatically disconnects house batteries from starter batteries, unless solar panels charge the house batteries to full capacity, at which point the solar panel tops off both sets of batteries.

Overall length is 19 feet. Overall height is 10 feet.

I am flexible on price, but what I care about most is saving time. With a young child and busy job, I’m happy to discount for a serious buyer who is educated on Sportsmobiles and able to be decisive.

Conversion was by Quigley. I do not have the Agile ride improvement kit - this is stock Quigley. But the Agile kit does sound pretty good.

Overall condition is great - I am very, very particular about keeping things clean and orderly. I’ve never worn shoes walking around inside the van. Interior condition is super clean. Routinely had it detailed, and it is stored inside in a locked storage unit with a trickle charger.

Keep the questions coming!
Old 04-13-2019, 03:24 PM   #8
D&D

Bunch more pics now uploaded including lots of interior shots.
Old 04-13-2019, 03:51 PM   #9

So does it sleep 4? Or is that upper area just for storage? Hard to tell. Do you have the dimensions of the beds?
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 06:45 PM   #10
D&D

It sleeps two adults below, and two small children up top. I would not say that you could fit a full grown adult in the sleeping shelf up top -- the area is just too small.