Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2019, 06:56 PM   #11

I also have an electric powered convertible. It has a section that pops up between the backrest and the seat cushion along with a foot panel. At 6.2" I can almost lay straight back on it when flat, definitely side to side. My issue with it is that it lays back so I need 20" or more clearance from where it is placed meaning it cannot go on a side wall flush without mounting sliders on the base to slide it out away from the wall, which now that I think about it may not be so bad. It is designed to mount facing forward spaced 20"s or more from the back of the vehicle. If I mount it like a drawer on sliders and can pin it maybe it can work. The safety would not be an issue because it would slide out from behind driver seat towards side doors. If there is a collision the impact is usually front to back. This may work after all!! I just hate using floor space for bedding this is why I prefer a pull out.

Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote