Wanted: low mileage 4x4 SMB
New to the forum, from Tahoe. We're sold on getting a 4x4 SMB, but still figuring out the best approach on buying one. Scouring this site, Sportsmobile's site, EBay, Craigslist. Haven't ruled out buying new, but prefer a low-mileage used model.
- Furnace (love the diesel option on a diesel vehicle, but would accept propane)
- Hot water via flat plate heat exchanger
- 50 plan (or similar)
- Low mileage (e.g. closer to 30K than 80K)
Preferred, but not required:
- RB over EB
- Exterior shower
- swivel captains chairs for driver and passenger
Avoiding (or at least don't want to pay more for):
- Internal shower or toilet, propane stove
- premium video or sound
No financing required ... paying cash.
Looking over used models, the lack of furnace seems to be a frequent showstopper ... can Sportsmobile retrofit used SMBs that weren't built with propane (or diesel) systems?
Been doing my homework, but still relatively new to SMBs, so comments, pointers, suggestions welcome.