Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-21-2018, 09:19 AM   #1

Wanted: SMB privacy curtain-divider

Based on recent threads, it seems like many folks don't use their privacy curtain that goes behind the front seats on a track. If your's is gathering dust in a box somewhere, I'd be interested in buying it. Message me with details (a photo would be nice) and price. Thanks!

BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 10:04 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
Based on recent threads, it seems like many folks don't use their privacy curtain that goes behind the front seats on a track. If your's is gathering dust in a box somewhere, I'd be interested in buying it. Message me with details (a photo would be nice) and price. Thanks!
My GTRV didn't come with one, so I made one, and am making a second one now. The first is simply a black privacy curtain from Wallmart, with snaps added to either go around the the side and front windshield, or with a couple added snaps, straight across behind the front seats. Now that winter is here, I'm making a second identical, insulated one from an inexpensive quilted blanket. This one will reduce the total amount of Sq ft to heat, resulting in faster heat up of the interior.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 10:52 AM   #3

Hi Jeff,

Can u post some pictures of the set up?

Thnx buddy
Tienckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 05:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tienckb View Post
Hi Jeff,

Can u post some pictures of the set up? Thnx buddy
Happy to, I'll do it tomorrow when the sun's up. Happy holidays Tien.......
Advanced 4wd
Old 12-21-2018, 09:20 PM   #5
Site Team

Garage
Wanted: SMB privacy curtain-divider

Quote:
Hi Jeff,

Can u post some pictures of the set up?

Thnx buddy

Tien What did I scare you when I was changing in Utah?

Next time I’ll put up the curtains.

Most the time the Copilot is Now Sophie dog the noise maker.

2000 7.3 PS Quigley/RB30 with a 6 window poptop.
Gooseberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 08:17 AM   #6

I made a basic one out of a piece of cloth, but would rather have one if the nice OEM ones from SMB with the clips for a track...
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 09:16 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooseberry View Post
Tien What did I scare you when I was changing in Utah?

Next time I’ll put up the curtains.

I can’t recall being under influence courtesy of Mr. Jack.

Glad that I was though given the circumstance lol.

Happy Holidays man!
Tienckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 07:25 PM   #8

Quote:
Hi Jeff,Can u post some pictures of the set up? Thnx buddy
It's a simple system. I added snaps along the windshield, and another row across the area behind the seats. I can either block off the entire front area to reduce the area I need to heat, or for more room, I install it all the way forward, against the windshield. When not in use, I just fold it and store under the mattress. For winter, I'm making an exact duplicate, except that I'm using an inexpensive quilt. I also plan to install a sliding track system, using sew in slide tape and ceiling mounted internal slide track. This one will get tied to the wall on the passenger side. Using slide track will make it easier to avoid light leaks, both from the inside and the outside. That one may take a bit though, since I'm waiting for Santa to bring me a new sewing machine.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6816.JPG   IMG_6817.JPG   IMG_6818.JPG  
Advanced 4wd
Old 12-30-2018, 03:24 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
It's a simple system. I added snaps along the windshield, and another row across the area behind the seats. I can either block off the entire front area to reduce the area I need to heat, or for more room, I install it all the way forward, against the windshield. When not in use, I just fold it and store under the mattress. For winter, I'm making an exact duplicate, except that I'm using an inexpensive quilt. I also plan to install a sliding track system, using sew in slide tape and ceiling mounted internal slide track. This one will get tied to the wall on the passenger side. Using slide track will make it easier to avoid light leaks, both from the inside and the outside. That one may take a bit though, since I'm waiting for Santa to bring me a new sewing machine.
My 2002 Ford came with a sort of half curtain to snap above the seats. Kinda weird if meant for privacy.

I'm considering putting in one similar to what you pictured, to the floor. However, it may be more user friendly and easier to get from front to back and vs versa, with 2 curtains that open in the middle. But I'm not sure what you are referring to with the slide tracks mounted on ceiling, won't that still let in some light? .

Bob
WanderingBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 04:51 PM   #10
GAR

I purchased a black cloth (nylon) shower curtain and shower curtain rod at home depot. Used plastic zip ties to secure the shower curtain to the rod. Cut the bottom of the curtain to fit and sealed it with a flame.

During the day I can see out, but you can’t see in. At night it works great too. Easy enough to do.

Gar
GAR is offline   Reply With Quote