Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2014, 04:26 PM   #1

Wanted to Buy: Sportsmobile

Wanted: Will pay up to $40,000 for a regular or extended body, low mileage Sportsmobile in excellent overall condition that is less than 84 inches in height that has not been smoked in or had pets in it. It should get at least 15 mpg during highway driving. A one owner vehicle that has been garaged or under shelter when not in use would be a big plus. Complete service records would be a big plus as well. Please contact James via message, or at the following phone number at 42five-3zerosix-8seven74. Thank you.

James

James4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:34 PM   #2

Re: Wanted to Buy: Sportsmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by James4
Wanted: Will pay up to $40,000 for a regular or extended body, low mileage Sportsmobile in excellent overall condition that is less than 84 inches in height that has not been smoked in or had pets in it. It should get at least 15 mpg during highway driving. A one owner vehicle that has been garaged or under shelter when not in use would be a big plus. Complete service records would be a big plus as well. Please contact James via message, or at the following phone number at 42five-3zerosix-8seven74. Thank you.

James
chromisdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromisdesigns

Quote:

James
Do you doubt that such an animal exists?
James4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:15 PM   #4

84" tall and gets 15mpg aren't really things I'd go by. I mean a standard 2wd SMB is X inches in height, if it's above or below 84", they're probably ALL going to be that way (within Ford, Chevy, Dodge). I'd get someone to measure one, and if it's above 84" you need to do some figuring- if it's below you can pretty much look at similar vans and double check the height later.

mpg is a whole other animal. I get 22mpg and I don't believe anything anybody says about mpg ever. There is so much influence from driving style and terrain- I'd figure on your engine (e.g. I really want a V8). It makes it easier on sellers, easier for you to search, and like the height you're not going to find an applicably wide variation in mpg with the same engine.

Last, Sportsmobile is wide and varied- there are many floorplans and four types of tops without even going to other manufacturers. You might consider some requirements such as "sleeps two downstairs" or "sink and hot water"- or whether or not you want the signature PH feature (which with your height might considerably narrow the field).

Wish I could answer the top height, but my van is 99" so I'm not even in the ballpark... Good hunting regardless!
Old 07-11-2014, 07:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chromisdesigns

Quote:

James
Do you doubt that such an animal exists?

Well, aside from that, I doubt you are going to find any low mileage SMB in excellent condition for under $40K.
chromisdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:50 PM   #6

A stock Ford or GMC van is between 82-83 inches in height. It may be difficult to find a SMB that is 84 inches or less unless you do not want a PH or Voyager/cruiser top.
wish41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jage
I get 22mpg and I don't believe anything anybody says about mpg ever.
Well, I get 11 and I don't believe anything Jage says about mpg ever.

James, 2 things. 1. Excellent condition is relative, and in the eye of the beholder. And 2. Good things come to those who wait............and look...........and wait.

Good luck in your search. Craigslist in big Western cities is the best place to beat the forum to the punch. LA, Denver, SF Bay area, Seattle.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:55 AM   #8

Quote:
I get 22mpg and I don't believe anything anybody says about mpg ever.
That Jage is a funny guy...........
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 11:18 AM   #9

Quote:
I get 22mpg...
What Jage meant to say is, "I get 22mpg driving downhill out of Denver with my wife in the Jeep pushing!"

Old 07-12-2014, 12:15 PM   #10

I'm thinking' he meant 22 mpyear since the twins got his attention
"... torpedo'd, because we don't generally cotton to bullshit around here." -jage
"... do they ooch apart in the night?" -Dia
twogone is offline   Reply With Quote