Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2015, 04:29 PM   #1

Wanted: Used awning

Our early 1990's awning is starting to fall apart, so I am sticking my feelers out for a used replacement. Doesn't have to be pretty, just operational and affordable.

Thanks!!!

Anette

PlayOutside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 11:57 AM   #2

Re: Wanted: Used awning

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/rvs/5040462565.html
pfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 02:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfreeman
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/rvs/5040462565.html
Missed out on that one, but thanks for posting!

Bumping this back up since the old awning decided to REALLY go on strike last weekend
Old 06-02-2015, 10:17 AM   #4

Bumping this up again.

Still looking for a used awning in decent shape
Old 06-02-2015, 10:32 AM   #5

Garage

i got a 7x7 awning from a wrecked campervan at a local pick and pull yard for 20 bucks. might take a few walks through the yards, but what you find at those places and what they charge cant be beat.

also, if its just the canvas thats bad, you could likely just have a local place replace that part (providing the rest of it was mechanically able of course). we have a custom spa cover place here that makes all kinds of cool crap. an awning cover would be a piece of cake for them.

either way, best of luck with your search!
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 11:07 AM   #6

I have a Catalina Dometic 2500 I would let go for cheap.
sierraskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 04:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraskier
I have a Catalina Dometic 2500 I would let go for cheap.
I'll pm you
Old 06-02-2015, 04:15 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie
i got a 7x7 awning from a wrecked campervan at a local pick and pull yard for 20 bucks. might take a few walks through the yards, but what you find at those places and what they charge cant be beat.

also, if its just the canvas thats bad, you could likely just have a local place replace that part (providing the rest of it was mechanically able of course). we have a custom spa cover place here that makes all kinds of cool crap. an awning cover would be a piece of cake for them.

either way, best of luck with your search!
Thanks so much for your advice - highly appreciated!!!!

It's the mechanics that are going bad on our old awning. It almost takes 3 people to wrestle it in & out, even though the hubby tried to fix it a few times now. That kinda sours the mood a little before having a beer in the shade
Old 06-03-2015, 06:13 AM   #9

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayOutside
...even though the hubby tried to fix it a few times now. That kinda sours the mood a little before having a beer in the shade
no problem and the above makes me lol. a few years back a good friend of mine picked up a 30' rv for practically nothing. we were setting it up at a race event to have a nice base camp for the day and he asked me to help put up the awning. i said sure and we started wrestling with that thing. i was surprised at how much of a pita it was and mentioned it to my buddy. he looked me right in the eye and said that awning was a divorce instigator. i laughed and asked how so? he said that awning has instigated more fights with his wife than he cared to admit due to how much of a pita it was to get setup and torn down....and he was dead serious, lol. so ya, i do understand where your coming from
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 11:04 PM   #10

I have one if you are still looking for one. I can get you pics if so. Let me know
Tim
thenton is offline   Reply With Quote