Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2010, 01:37 PM   #1

WTB - 4x4 SPORTSMOBILE

Long time sportsmobile stalker is finally ready to pull the trigger on a used 4x4 Sportsmobile. Obviously, the closer I can get to the folowing wish list, the better:

-4x4 a must (prefer SMB or Salem, but open to others)
-Offroad equipped (upgraded wheels, bumpers, tire carrier, winch, ladders, lights, etc.)
-EB preferred (especially for floorspace with 2 large dogs)
-pop-top or cruiser (I'm 6'3")
-50 plan preferred but would consider something else
-fridge, sink, stove and/or micro
-furnace and hot water heating system (open to Espar or propane)
-Deisel or gas with less than 100K miles
-XL storage and rack system
-Exterior shower, porti potti
-extras such as awning, dvd/audio system, solar, leather, etc. would be nice
-Price range $40-$55K

I know they are out there as I've watched some great similar rigs pass through here in the right price range. I do check most of the recommended sites almost daily (SMB, ebay, autotrader, rvt, etc) but if someone has something or sees something similar, please let me know. It doesn't hurt to have some extra eyes watching. Thanks for your help and wish me luck!
-Jeff

Old 01-11-2010, 08:33 AM   #2

Re: WTB - 4x4 SPORTSMOBILE

Since you want floorspace, make sure the "50" is flush with the back doors. I've seen a few that push the design forward to have some rear storage with the extra EB length, as opposed to getting it in the middle.

Also, you cite size when saying PH (pop-top) or Cruiser, but why not Voyager?

And I know the Fords are more prevalent, but would you pass on a Chevy with all your options?

Good luck!
Old 01-11-2010, 10:50 AM   #3

Thanks Jage. I was unaware that it can go both ways....I was just referring to the plan they had listed on the website and a few pics that showed the extra space in the middle. As for the voyager top, once again, the website listed the height on the Ford's at 6'0" whick wouldn't work. I know the Chevy's list a higher height on the voyager, but the 4x4 Chevys I've seen online don't seem as off-road capable. The only one I've ever seen that looked rugged was a Roadtrek that I think Salem converted with a sizable lift. Being in CO, I prefer to have the best clearance possible.
Thanks for your help,
Jeff
Old 01-11-2010, 03:18 PM   #4

Zaralps-

Just ran across this. No affiliation. Looks like a reasonable price with some good options, may be able to be negotiated into your price range as it's not far off. If this is something that interests you and you can get some comfort on price, I could take a preliminary look for you.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/rvs/1544175925.html

Best-
Steve
webbmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:47 PM   #5

Thanks Steve,
It looks pretty well loaded except for the EB, which based on what Jage wrote, may not be as important to me depending on the floorspace layout. Based on what I've seen sell over the years, they have it priced a bit high and out of my range, but you never know. I'll let you know if I get close as it'd be great to have someone who knows these things take a look at it. Thanks for the offer. Everyone on this site seems so helpful!
Jeff

« SMB Wanted | sold »