Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2018, 01:54 PM   #1

WTB: Aluminess rear bumper with swing out, or just a spare tire swing out

Hey all, just wondering if anyone has upgraded there rear bumper and has an aluminess spare tire swing out laying in the garage. I have a 35" tire taking up room in the back of my van that I would love to get mounted outside. Id be in the market for a complete bumper too for the right price with the swing outs but I don't want to wait 3-4 months for aluminess to make it.. just a slim chance someone might have what I need. even a slightly damaged one would work.. I can weld aluminum but the thought of fabing a complete one up sounds daunting. If you got something of have any suggestions send me a PM
THX, Barry, 1999 ford e-350 eb

VanDude72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 04:12 PM   #2

Check with Agile Offroad, they might have a new one.

Aluminess is really 3-4 months lead time?? Wowser. I need to start making bumpers.
Old 10-05-2018, 04:57 PM   #3

My Chevy one only took 2 months for just the tire carrier. But agile is your best bet. Also, I know weldtec is making some. They had 4 when I was there 3 weeks ago.
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 03:23 PM   #4

Lead times

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanDude72 View Post
Hey all, just wondering if anyone has upgraded there rear bumper and has an aluminess spare tire swing out laying in the garage. I have a 35" tire taking up room in the back of my van that I would love to get mounted outside. Id be in the market for a complete bumper too for the right price with the swing outs but I don't want to wait 3-4 months for aluminess to make it.. just a slim chance someone might have what I need. even a slightly damaged one would work.. I can weld aluminum but the thought of fabing a complete one up sounds daunting. If you got something of have any suggestions send me a PM
THX, Barry, 1999 ford e-350 eb
I checked in with the Sales Staff re: these wait times...we currently have rear bumpers in stock and we are approximately 1 week back-ordered on Tire racks. Sorry if someone gave you erroneous info...or maybe we just caught up really fast!
aluminess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 10:23 AM   #5

I tried to order the bumper today and again was told six weeks lead time?? 1999 e 350 rear with swing outs. Could you confirm with your staff and possibly give me a ring if that's the wrong info. Thanks Barry 805-878-8069
VanDude72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 02:55 PM   #6

Contact 1der on here. He can usually get something for you. Also, know that they are currently changing to square tubing on the swingouts for added strength. So if that matters to you at all, it may be worth the wait.
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote