Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2022, 09:06 AM   #1

WTB aluminess tire rack econoline 92-07

hey, I'm looking for a used tire rack. the kind that will mount with a stock bumper.
thanks

country_squire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 08:15 PM   #2

Would you be interested in a much less expensive robust rear door tire carrier? I just pulled mine off. It was bolted through door to frame of door. Held a 31.5 BF TKO2 tire for years. Very sturdy. Very inexpensive. Could you being re-powder coated or repainted. SS Hardware.
Clarkboulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 05:46 AM   #3

@clarkboulder if the OP doesn’t want it I’m interested. Assuming you’re willing to ship (I’m in PA) Please PM me details and a photo if you can. Thanks!
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 06:07 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
@clarkboulder if the OP doesn’t want it I’m interested. Assuming you’re willing to ship (I’m in PA) Please PM me details and a photo if you can. Thanks!
What clarkboulder is talking about is the old traingle frame spare holder Sportsmobile used before Aluminess existed.

I wouldn't recommend it. The one on his van is a replacement from the original one that cracked. the mounting method requires drilling through the door skin and the steel they use rusts while aluminum doesn't.
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 07:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkboulder View Post
Would you be interested in a much less expensive robust rear door tire carrier? I just pulled mine off. It was bolted through door to frame of door. Held a 31.5 BF TKO2 tire for years. Very sturdy. Very inexpensive. Could you being re-powder coated or repainted. SS Hardware.
Thanks man but yeah I’m holding out for a aluminess. I’m running 35s. Trying to have that boujee gear with out the price haha.
country_squire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 08:30 AM   #6

I just ordered one too. That is why this is removed
Old 05-12-2022, 08:40 AM   #7

It is available and can be repainted but it does require drilling through the rear driver side door to mount. Let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7936.jpg   IMG_7935.jpg   IMG_7934.jpg   IMG_7804.jpg   IMG_7803.jpg  

IMG_5440.jpg  
Old 05-12-2022, 09:09 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplesez View Post
What clarkboulder is talking about is the old traingle frame spare holder Sportsmobile used before Aluminess existed.

I wouldn't recommend it. The one on his van is a replacement from the original one that cracked. the mounting method requires drilling through the door skin and the steel they use rusts while aluminum doesn't.

That's what I figured it was. I had one on my 1998 that was still holding up fine even after 22 years when I sold it. I did occasionally repaint it though. I just run stock tires so it always worked fine for me.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 09:13 AM   #9

This was solid on my van but it was interfering with the tail light as the tires was too large. But if you don’t mind the install and use stock tires this is an option that is solid and works just fine. Just repaint and use stainless hardware. I’m in CO so let me know.
Old 05-19-2022, 10:09 AM   #10

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by country_squire View Post
hey, I'm looking for a used tire rack. the kind that will mount with a stock bumper.
thanks
I will have one available late June where are you located

Doug
snowgroomer is offline   Reply With Quote