Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2021, 04:49 PM   #1

WTB: Econoline or Express-based 4x4 SMB

Hi,

If you're on the cusp of selling, but dread the process, I'm looking.

i'm searching for a pre-owned SMB built for two, 4x4, and I really like the Ford/Chevy van look over the "Eurovan" brands.

My total budget is $80K. So if I found a good, clean pre-2015 low mileage Econoline SMB, for example, in the $30s with a layout that works, I'd have budget to add 4x4 and other modifications to "make it my own".

Or, if at the top of the budget range, it would have to be 4x4 and ready to roll for my needs as-is.

I plan to travel the country living in it 9 months a year, for 1-3 years. And want to be able to get off pavement pretty far without worry, but also have it be a good highway ride between destinations.

bravelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 08:14 AM   #2

A lot of SMB owners who sell seem to find the site at the time they list, meaning their ad will be their first or second post. Seems like I see this more and more lately. For that reason I recommend checking this site every morning.

I would also check Expedition Portal classifieds and the 'vans for sale' thread in the van forum on that site as well as Facebook/Craigslist in the SMB/#vanlife hotspots like Denver, Seattle, Bay area, Portland, LA and San Diego.

Sharing your location might help too. Good luck!
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 08:38 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
A lot of SMB owners who sell seem to find the site at the time they list, meaning their ad will be their first or second post. Seems like I see this more and more lately. For that reason I recommend checking this site every morning.

I would also check Expedition Portal classifieds and the 'vans for sale' thread in the van forum on that site as well as Facebook/Craigslist in the SMB/#vanlife hotspots like Denver, Seattle, Bay area, Portland, LA and San Diego.

Sharing your location might help too. Good luck!
Good tips. I do a lot of that already. I have a "morning routine" where I make the rounds on all my saved search links.

I am in Austin so I'm lucky to have been able to go crawl around in some of the pre-owned rigs for sale at SMB here, so I have sort of an idea what works and what doesn't. Nothing there currently is a perfect fit for my needs, or it's more than I want to spend.
bravelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 03:43 PM   #4

If you're on the cusp of selling, but dread the process, I'm looking.

That descibes me. And so does Scotty86's comment. Been reading here for years while building my van, but have never posted. Perhaps you should PM me? I am still a week or two away from having it ready for photos and an ad.
I would like to see it go to someone here as a small way of giving back.
Wooddog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wtb