Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2019, 06:25 PM   #1

WTB - Ford Van Rear Door Pop Out Windows

Want to Buy for my Ford Sportsmobile right and left rear door van windows & mounting hardware. Prefer Clear or Non - Glare Windows that can pop out.
Reside in Southern CA

Thanks

hogphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 08:23 PM   #2

I've got a set of clears but I'm in Colorado.

Watch gzhottt21 on Ebay. He usually has them and is in California. Nothing now but send him a message.
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 10:26 PM   #3

There’s a seller on Los Angeles Craigslist that consistently posts them for sale.
Old 05-10-2019, 01:12 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by killacks View Post
There’s a seller on Los Angeles Craigslist that consistently posts them for sale.
That's where I got mine
NavyNuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 02:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by killacks View Post
A while back I bought mine from that guy. When I bought, all he showed up with at our arranged rendezvous was a mismatched set, with one clear glass and one tinted that weird color they did. I went ahead and bought the set for $10.00 off the advertised $175.00, and then ordered a new clear glass from eBay for the tinted side. It was more expensive that way but I really wanted those pop outs.

A few weeks later he called me asking if I still had the tinted glass still as he had found a tinted set in the salvage that had broken glass for the side I had. I told him I would sell him the tinted glass for the same price I bought my clear glass for, $68.00. His reply was "he could buy that glass for $10.00 all day long". My reply was, "Then why did you make me go to eBay to buy my clear glass at retail? You want to sell to me at retail and buy from me wholesale?"

So anyway, I still have that one piece of tinted glass in my garage...

My buddy kept an eye out on the PickAPart website for new vans coming in and managed to get to the salvage yard before the Craigslist guy and got a pair of pop out windows for less than $100.00. You gotta be fast and lucky to beat him.

With that story being told, the Craigslist guy is still a good source of pop out windows. Just ask him to sell you a matched set. I just saw a set on eBay for $175, except it has $44 shipping as well. May be the same guy.

2012 Chevrolet Express 3500 6.0
shadetreevanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:17 PM   #6

I went on the pick a part web site and got alerts when a e series van became available. It took several attempts but finally a club wagon came up and I got the back and side opening windows.

So I would try pick a part.

John
John S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 07:51 AM   #7

Thank You everyone for your advice on finding the rear pop out windows. Hogphoto
hogphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 09:31 AM   #8

I just bought a set from him yesterday. He’s still selling them but he stated they’re getting harder to find. I live in San Diego and he was in the area for other business, brought the windows down and installed them. He has more, I told him I’d send him more business if you guys are interested.
Walkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 01:08 PM   #9

I replaced my rears with pop-outs in about 2004. I went to the dealer and ordered replacement windows for a 1992 van. Someone had posted the part numbers on the old yahoo Sportsmobile Owners group site. Probably paid more than used ones cost, but they still work!
ko6dr is offline   Reply With Quote