Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2016, 02:15 PM   #1

Garage
WTB Good Used 220V Single Phase Mig Welder

Hi all,
I am looking to purchase a stronger welder. I currently have a Lincoln 100.
It has worked well for me, but I need something with a greater capacity. My initial reason for the welder is to do sheet metal repair on a 1954 Chevy Truck that I am slowly restoring. Now I find that I would like to have the ability to weld thicker materials without changing to flux core wire and the polarity changes that come with it. I am also interested in becoming a better welder and this is a logical next step.

I am also looking for a better welding helmet. I have a cheap auto darkening unit that is okay, but is not adjustable, and is so dark that it is difficult for me to see the line I want to take while welding.

To you experienced welders out there, Let me know if you have any recommendations and or if you have a welder that you are ready to sell.

Thanks!

2000 4Runner Limited 4WD

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
skyrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 05:23 PM   #2

Miller makes great welders, fwiw Hobart is made by Miller. Don't rule out a 110 welder you will find it can do almost everything you ask of it in a garage setting, portable, 110v plugs everywhere. But one thing to keep in mind is if you buy a good one the first time you'll never buy another....
Helmets are worth spending good money for. Speed glass or Lincoln Viking are great helmets. I have the Viking and love it!
That's my opinion.
spurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 01:04 PM   #3

Garage
Thanks spurious,
Anything for sale?
2000 4Runner Limited 4WD

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
skyrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:51 PM   #4

Sorry not at this time, but I'm always watching out for stuff. And I'll pm if I come across anything quick.
spurious is offline   Reply With Quote