Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2015, 06:10 PM   #1

WTB: Pacific Northwest SMB, Camper Van, Open to options!

I'm actively looking to buy a sportsmobile or other camper van and I live in Olympia WA. Have been half heartedly shopping about a year and a half. Recently I finally cleared my own house of project vehicles (subarus) which gave me the green light to park a van at home.

Financing with WSECU, so that will be part of most deals. First van, so frankly I'm evaluating everything from old beaters, VW's, HOME BUILDS!, 2WD units, and on up to proper full on 4x4 Sportsmobiles. I'm open to lots, because obviously the cost will be variable and to a degree I realize that in the used market, whatever I get will probably include compromises from what I think is the right rig and features for what I want to do with.

The main reason for....yet another WTB post, is that damn, these things go fast when posted and I'd really, REALLY prefer a face to face meeting, van review, handshake and deal. The thought of buying one sight unseen and flying in to drive home intimidates me a bit from a risk perspective which prompts putting it out there that if you live near me and are contemplating selling, let's talk.

Are some Seattle owners trying to squeeze in one more trip in the beast before selling this fall? Give me a call now! I'm def willing to pay a good price for the right unit and am being patient as I can be trying to find one. I've set my own max at 50K, target is under 40, and around 30 would be considered a win.

Let me know what you got!
Thanks, Keith
three six 0 2 eight 0 six six 5 1

mrsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 08:10 AM   #2

Re: WTB: Pacific Northwest SMB, Camper Van, Open to options

Thanks to this post I've been talking with a local guy about his rig. I'm thinking I'd like to get it inspected at a good independent diesel shop. Can anyone recommend a Seattle option?
Old 09-01-2015, 11:42 AM   #3

Garage

Hi, I can recommend The Power Shop in Enumclaw for engine and drivetrain. Close to Seattle as I can get. They've been working on my 07 RB50 and a friends 06 EB50 having had to do upgrades and maintenance on both so we've all been through the learning curve together. The van and camper maintenance is easy for anyone with DIY skills.

Good luck and if you have questions I can answer I'd be happy to offer a point of view. PM me and I'll send contact details if you like.

Regards, Matt
dar636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 11:09 AM   #4

Everyone seems to want an SMB for a steal/deal - with your budget it would seem you are looking more for a project rather than a turn-key vehicle.
Good luck out there!
DudleyTania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 07:43 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar636
Hi, I can recommend The Power Shop in Enumclaw for engine and drivetrain. Close to Seattle as I can get. They've been working on my 07 RB50 and a friends 06 EB50 having had to do upgrades and maintenance on both so we've all been through the learning curve together. The van and camper maintenance is easy for anyone with DIY skills.

Good luck and if you have questions I can answer I'd be happy to offer a point of view. PM me and I'll send contact details if you like.

Regards, Matt
Hey thanks Matt, someone else from other circles mentioned them too.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudleyTania
Everyone seems to want an SMB for a steal/deal - with your budget it would seem you are looking more for a project rather than a turn-key vehicle.
Good luck out there!
Well, yeah, what buyer isn't right? Do you know anybody with one????
Old 09-06-2015, 06:13 PM   #7

I have two Sportsmobiles at the moment and if you want to PM me I would be happy to discuss your future. Not sure I'm ready to sell my older one (in a slow transition), but it may help you in your process. I'm near the S end of Lk Washington.
Floyd
moorefc is offline   Reply With Quote