Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2014, 03:57 PM   #1

WTB: Pop-out windows

Figured I would throw this out there I know they come up on this forum from time to time. I'm looking for pop out rear and side windows for my 2000 E350. If anyone comes across any at a pick-n-pull, I'm happy to give a finders fee! Looking for clear non-tinted windows.

Thanks in advance!

joearlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:17 PM   #2

Re: WTB: Pop-out windows

Both side windows or just the one (the left one) that is usually fixed?

Ray
my3kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:53 PM   #3

I'd like to get all four, right now all mine are fixed.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:50 PM   #4

Will you be tinting them? I ask because they're becoming a little more difficult to locate. I have only seen a complete set of 4 clear and factory mirrored ones in all the times I've been to the Pick-n-Pulls.

Usually I find the rear windows paired or the side windows paired. Either as clear or as factory mirrored. Sometimes I find them mis-matched .. no doubt a necessary repair after breaking one.

The factory mirror tint can be scraped off. I've done this several times before, you just need a razor blade and some Windex. If you're planning on tinting them anyway then a factory mirrored one that has been scraped off will do just fine.

I may go out again in a few weeks .. if you're dead set on only clear ones then the available pool of donor vans is quite small.

Lastly, I may have a set for the side doors in my storage shed .. I'll have a look this weekend and let you know.

Ray
my3kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:02 PM   #5

Thanks Ray,

I do plan on tinting them, so if the mirror can be scraped off, then that sounds good for me!
Old 02-08-2014, 06:23 AM   #6

I found a full set of four clears last year, so they are out there. Mine were on a conversion van. And sorry, they are installed on my van already! :-)

If you haven't seen it already, I posted an installation guide with photos here on the forum. A search will turn it up.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:49 AM   #7

Fwiw, I have a light tint (older) quarter door pop out window I would trade for a 2003 dark factory tint pop out so it will match my larger side door factory dark tint. I think tints in early years was different from 2003 ?? This window is tinted but it is more bronze in tint than my factory tinted windows.

Right now I can see a slight but noticeable difference between the two windows that are next to each other. The rear door pop outs are also the lighter tint but since they are next to each other it is acceptable to me.

If anyone is interested in dark tint rear door fixed glass, let me know and we can work something out.

Ray