Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2022, 07:12 PM   #1

WTB popout windows for rear doors of 2014 e250.

Hey all.
I got the normal non moving windows and I am looking to get the rear door windows replaced with pop out ones. I am happy to even find one but a set of 2 would be awesome! Is anyone selling them or know where I can find some ( I checked ebay but they only seem to have the raw glass without any hardware. I assume the hardware is pricy if new so not sure how helpful just the glass will be?)

Anyways shoot me a response if you got anything for sale!

Thanks!

kalabaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 08:13 AM   #2

Pop outs

Good day
Did you ever locate pop outs for your van
I have 2 sets located in New Mexico
Thank you
Have a great day
72broncosob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 08:44 AM   #3

@kalabaddon Do NOT buy the glass without getting the frames and needed hardware with it. Some of the hardware is no longer available from Ford and really hard to find separately used. I think the latches from the side-door pop-outs might work.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 08:52 AM   #4

I found a set of 3 (2 rear door windows and the small side door window) at a local wrecking yard. I think the passenger version of the Econoline ("Club Wagon") came with all opening windows. You can take the required hardware from the donor van along with the windows and frames. Note: the frames have different attach points, so you must acquire the frames as well.
N147JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 10:38 AM   #5

Hopefully this doesn't derail the thread too much, but is it possible to source the glass ONLY from an aftermarket window replacement company?

I'm also looking to swap out my rear windows (don't worry OP, I won't poach anything you're going to buy), but I'm wondering about ease of replacement down the road if something happens to the glass.

It sounds like the latch hardware and frame are difficult to source, but hopefully the glass itself is easily replaceable?
motovan_mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 12:13 PM   #6

@motovan_mn I have seen the glass only everywhere going for 75 each.

@n147jk by diffrent frame, you mean the plastic bit the glass is attached to right?

@brianW Ya, it is looking like you said!

@72broncosob PM Sent.
kalabaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 12:18 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalabaddon View Post
@motovan_mn I have seen the glass only everywhere going for 75 each.

Thanks for the response. Where are you seeing these parts/costs?

I did just submit a quote request on Safelite's website and they want ~$300 to replace one popout window. I would assume that means they have access to the glass...
motovan_mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 12:47 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalabaddon View Post
@n147jk by diffrent frame, you mean the plastic bit the glass is attached to right?.
Yes, correct. The frame is a single-piece plastic rectangle that runs around the entire window. The opening version is the same shape as the fixed version, but has different glass attach points. Unfortunately the frames are not interchangeable (they should have been designed that way).
N147JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 12:54 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by motovan_mn View Post
Thanks for the response. Where are you seeing these parts/costs?

I did just submit a quote request on Safelite's website and they want ~$300 to replace one popout window. I would assume that means they have access to the glass...
Lots of options are on eBay if you use keywords like "Econoline rear glass moveable" or "3 hole."
NeedsWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 01:21 PM   #10

I got mine via ebay some weeks back and would do it differently nowadays.

Check your junk yards for old E-series and take them out there! I paid 270$ and eventually found it‘s 30min of work to take the windows out!
Just took my swiss army knife to cut the butyl and there you go…

And yes, you attach the plastic frame holding the weatherstrip to your door with butyl. Then you attach the glass on the top to the two brackets and need the knee lever to pop it out.

Total time: 1h including cleaning and polishing the corners in the window area.

I used 3/4“ wide and 1/8 thick butyl (xfasten, amazon). I would most likely go for 1“ wide as the 3/4“ didn‘t cover inner and outer lids… cut out the screws and you‘re good to go…
E-350 is offline   Reply With Quote