Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2020, 05:02 PM   #1

WTB: Sienna seats bases

I bought two 2020 toyota sienna seats on the cheap. But i found out no one is making bases anymore to bolt them in the driver and passenger position on a Ford E-350.

That said im looking to buy a pair of MG metalworks bases (expovans). Let me know if anyone has a pair forsale or knows anyone that is currently manufacturing bases.

Seats are 2020 toyota sienna 2nd row, my van is a 2004 E-350 superduty.

Chinook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 12:20 PM   #2

Still searching for a pair if anyone happens across a set.
Old 07-29-2020, 02:37 PM   #3

Garage
You may be able to modify the regular swivel bases and use the adapter bases that Toby gets from MG to adapt them.
Old 07-30-2020, 04:21 AM   #4

I dont even really want or need the swivel feature, its just me and my two dogs. I did manage to find a source for extra low profile bases that bolt to the ford E350 stock floor bolt pattern as well as universal 6 way electric seat bases to bolt onto the floor bases. However the cost factor is nearly a $1000 for the floor bases and the electric bases combined and then i would have to fab up a way to adapt the seats onto the electrics.

Im waiting on the MG 4x4 bracket kit that is supposed to be ready to ship out week after next possibly so thats $2000 and then of course i have to buy all of the other conversion items to complete that job, so im trying to pinch as many pennies as i can. I was hoping with all the guys switching to Scheelman seats that the sienna bases might be easier to locate but that doesnt appear to be the case.

The low profile bases i found are 4 inches high in the front and 1.5 inches in the back and then the electric seat bases are 4 inches high in the lowered position. I think its certainly workable, i just havent convinced myself i want to spend that much on them even though electric 6 way seats would be nice. I wasnt really planning on doing seats but my two dogs claws have kinda torn up the cloth flexsteel seats and i could never locate any seat covers large enough to fit them. But the worst part is one of them always rides in the passenger seat and although i give them baths alot, their little bums have left a smelly odor in the cloth material over the course of the last 5 years. I just accidently stumbled across these brand new sienna seats on facebook market for $200 so i scooped them up quick thinking i would just order some bases from MG and be done with them.
Old 08-16-2020, 05:16 AM   #5

No longer needed, please delete