Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2020, 06:24 PM   #1
Site Team

A different traction device

If these have been discussed before, I missed it. A different take on traction devices, and they have no value as a bridging device, but they seem easy to store, easy to deploy, and they double as levelers (I love multi-function items).

The fact that they're hinged gives me some concern, and I didn't see a maximum load listed, but the video does show them being used with a heavy military vehicle.

https://www.blueridgeoverlandgear.co...19676503638112

Available storage bags
https://www.blueridgeoverlandgear.co...ogIkx5S1hwZCJ9

Herb

Old 03-06-2020, 07:02 PM   #2

Garage
Thats a pretty nice package - wounder how it would hold up to a wheel spinning across the top of one of those sections??? When I look closely, the thickness at the base of each valley suggests a real thin structural bond - I also question any "hinged" recovery gear.

Yesterday I came across the "BUG OUT "- Like its concept as well, Unfortunately its "Pro" gear is only rated for 3.5T...which leaves me out.

https://www.bogout.com/
Old 03-06-2020, 07:17 PM   #3
Site Team

Here's a direct link to the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

Herb
Old 03-06-2020, 07:46 PM   #4

Garage
Appreciate the link, but after watching it I would have much preferred a real life scenario...That truck would have pulled right out of that situation without those tracks - if you watch closely trucks tires are moving up onto the units before those tracks even begin to move themselves. Not insinuating they dont/cant work, IMO the video does a poor job revealing their potential worth.
I do like how they fold up together compactly, and second as levelers.
Old 03-06-2020, 08:38 PM   #5

I have these and can attest that they are well made and work well in snow and sand but yes, obviously no value as a bridge type device. They pack down nice and are easy for me to keep in my van at all times.
Quigley with Agile RIP, 6.0 PSD
WhitH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 08:50 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitH View Post
I have these and can attest that they are well made and work well in snow and sand but yes, obviously no value as a bridge type device. They pack down nice and are easy for me to keep in my van at all times.

Good to know, and thanks for the feedback. I really like the idea of packability, and not having to create a dedicated mounting spot in any of my vehicles, and that they'd be easy to transfer from one vehicle to another.

Herb
Old 03-06-2020, 10:15 PM   #7

Exactly, it’s a quality traction device that unlike the typical boards can be packed away discreetly. I just keep them in front of my roof box where few things can fit anyway.
Quigley with Agile RIP, 6.0 PSD
WhitH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 04:18 AM   #8

Garage
I just bought a set as well at a local off road and overlanding expo. Can be used for leveling as well. I don't know how well they will work in mud, groves are not deep, but as Whit said will work well in snow and sand.
Old 03-07-2020, 10:12 AM   #9

Garage
Another website for reviews / ratings - https://smile.amazon.com/Pinto-Inc-G...3598894&sr=8-3

We haven’t had opportunity to use ours, but they are multifunctional.

Watch this video for before and after of a front wheel drive car in snow - https://youtu.be/uUY8SH_iFpU
Old 03-12-2020, 04:38 PM   #10

I have the go treads that are a similar design. Love them!! I have used them to get others out and myself (9,000 lb sprinter) several times. Best thing about them is that they are easy to stowe and I use them for leveling blocks all the time. When I saw the go treads at a trade show before I bought them they were being used as leveling blocks for an overlander that must have been 20K GVWR
Wishing4asmb is offline   Reply With Quote