Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2017, 12:44 PM   #21

It's a business man I'd cut them some slack. My first thought was why were you taking it to them in first place for something that small. Take the windows to an auto glass guy and the rubber to a weatherstripping guy.

Old 04-08-2017, 02:05 PM   #22

Send a message via MSN to bettyford
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater View Post
It's a business man I'd cut them some slack. My first thought was why were you taking it to them in first place for something that small. Take the windows to an auto glass guy and the rubber to a weatherstripping guy.
Since you asked.

I had an appointment to have my top adjusted. (Broken spring) while doing that I started talking to Zac. I let him up sale me on more work. Zac is a nice young man.

Heres what they were going to do.
Ad a window to the driver side behind the D/seat ad a window to the side door behind the P/seat then replace both rear side window with new ones. at the same time replace the gasket around the top.
So it was a little more involved.
Basically I was really just trying to build a relationship with them.
and was having a great time meeting everyone. We had a great visit.

I have built many Vans and could do all of this myself and have in the past. I just didn't want to. MY shop is in Jackson Hole Wy and Im now living in So.Texas.
I wasn't trying to cut cost just wanted the job done.

If he would have said no, I would have been fine with that, yet he said
"yea man no problem drop it off in the morning and it will be done later that day."
I am not trying to Bash them and have only talked about it here. and to them of course. I'm just talking about my experience as it happened.

Another case in point.
I took my van to a 4X4 shop in Corpus Cristi 4 days ago and had my caster adjusted. Great guys. The owner Billy is a Desert racer, He's really good just got 2nd behind Robby MacCachren. (I almost call that 1st) He checked out the van with me of course, Since it was their 1st SMB at their shop.
After looking at the 4x4 conversation he was impressed but said it all needed to be greased, I agreed, we walked back to the alignment guy and he said grease this before we do the caster and alignment, I was standing right there.
Once it was finished and test driven they said okay your all done. (The owner had left)
I looked underneath and no greasing was done. So back into the shop it went.
They did a great job on the caster. However I wouldn't have looked.. you get my point.
This happens everywhere,
There just seems to be a lack of integrity everywhere, and seems its excepted as the norm.
You say its a business, cut them some slack.
I say its a business, why would I cut them some slack. Im Paying for them to do what they say, nothing more!
If I wasn't paying for it then sure I would cut them slack.
I own 16 company trucks and have lots of work done, I see this all the time.
most of my trucks are still under warranty and dealerships are no better.

Again let me say I'm not trying to Bash anyone or start an argument just expressing my experience and thoughts.
You are welcome to agree or disagree.

Geez I guess I had more to say.

Have a great day everyone

Ron
Old 04-08-2017, 03:01 PM   #23

OK, , guess I'd be pissed too.

Hard to find good people to work on just about anything these days. And when you do, they seem to be too busy.

Thought I had a good mechanic to work on my outboard. Then I went to change the water pump impeller only to find no antiseize put on bolts last time it was changed out so snapped the bolt head right off. I'll be doing that work myself from now on.
Old 04-08-2017, 03:22 PM   #24

I want a super fast boat!!
Of course I've never owned a boat.
I also want a plane but do t know how to fly. Yet!!

A good friend and I were thinking about buying a plane together then we decided neither of us would fly in a plane we could afford.!!
Old 04-08-2017, 07:04 PM   #25

With regards to those 21 rental units, did they mention if those were all new van conversions? Or are they reconditioning some of the existing fleet?

For Campervan North America, the only rental firm that I'm aware of with a sizeable SMB fleet, that would be a very large order to place all at once!
PeteM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 07:46 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
With regards to those 21 rental units, did they mention if those were all new van conversions? Or are they reconditioning some of the existing fleet?

For Campervan North America, the only rental firm that I'm aware of with a sizeable SMB fleet, that would be a very large order to place all at once!
Thay did not say,
However when I was there he was showing me the new vans for that fleet, which are the very small Ford Express- I think is the name.
He also told me the guy is out of Jackson Hole Wy which is were my other house is. I have never seen him there but it wasn't my story.
Ron
Old 04-08-2017, 08:09 PM   #27

SMB in Texas has a bunch of resale vans listed from a rental fleet company up near that way from:
@campervannorthamerica.com
Location Belgrade, MT

Maybe it was them?
gbail is offline   Reply With Quote