Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #11

Re: Anyone out there who can help me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by durangatangs
There is a popular RV club called the Escapees (also known as SKPs) http://www.escapees.com
They have a really good and reliable mail-forwarding service.
Oh, good idea! Also reminds me that there is one in Florida (Escapees is mostly in Texas although I believe they have a Florida branch too) that originally catered to sailors out cruising the world (but now also serve other travelers). They are located in Green Cove Springs, Florida (near Jacksonville) and are called St. Brendan's Isle. I don't know whether or not they can do a one-time thing, but they are apparently good folks, and very used to working with travelers who have "odd" domiciles, can't always just call direct, etc.

Contact info:
St. Brendan's Isle
411 Walnut Street
Green Cove Springs, FL 32043-3443
800-544-2132 - 904-284-1200 - Fax: 904-284-4472
sbi@sbimailservice.com - http://www.sbimailservice.com

Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:29 PM   #12

There is a very stand-up group of folks on this, and sharp as nails. I have to say I'm impressed with the ideas for a shipping address where a foriegner or any stranger can safely pick-up a package.

Sorry to say the request reminds me of a scam used by credit card thieves. They don't want to send packages to thier own hang-out, so they get some unsuspecting person to take it and they come pick it up there. This could go off without a hitch for the unsuspecting do-gooder. On the other hand, they could get a visit from the authorities while on the tail of the heist.

Not saying that's what's going on here, but we need to look out for each other. So I'm just saying...
joey2cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:05 AM   #13

Hi mates

thank you all for your help and brilliant ideas. The places are too far away for me, but thank you very much for offering your personal help.
My plane goes to Miami and than i am in Duck Key (Hawks Key Resort) one week for a converence. Unfortunatly they did not answer me yet if i could let ship the parcel to them. Now time is running :-(

Now i am looking for a post office there (or something like this)

@joey2cool i understand absolute what you mean, I do not know how it works in the stades bit here in germany there would be no risk to do this.
Remeber: I will pay to the company BEFORE they deliver. So the receiver of the pacel has nothing to do with payment. But i absolute understand what you mean. I know it is a lot of criminal things out there and www is a good platform for this.
I thought it is only a risk for me, pay for a part and maybe never get it....

But guys, It s awesome how many helpful and wicked ideas you have. I thank all of you again for your support.
schluchtenflitzer is offline   Reply With Quote